Spa area

cruisesoon

That’s good to hear! Can you book the thermal suite in advance or only once on board? Any idea how many are allowed in at one time and how long your booked session lasts? And….phew…..if you’ve booked a treatment do you have thermal suite time added on if requested? Thanks!

1 hour ago, claranda said:

That’s good to hear! Can you book the thermal suite in advance or only once on board? Any idea how many are allowed in at one time and how long your booked session lasts? And….phew…..if you’ve booked a treatment do you have thermal suite time added on if requested? Thanks!

Last I heard it was 1/2 dozen at any time. However, in 4 months, I don't ever recall seeing more than 6 in the spa at any time.

8 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Last I heard it was 1/2 dozen at any time. However, in 4 months, I don't ever recall seeing more than 6 in the spa at any time.

Andy, I have always had the impression that each sailing has its own vibe. Some sailing the MDR line is out the door at 5:45 and other cruise not. Some sailings Chef's Table/Manfredi's is booked full every night and other sailings walk-ins are seated right away.  Some days the spa is full of people and other days it's empty. I don't think there is a way of predicting (other than maybe the length of the cruise) what the vibe will be on a given sailing.

10 hours ago, cruisesoon said:

Does anyone know if the snow grotto is opened and steam room?  Are you free to use any of these facilities.  Will be trying in March and hope we will be able to use all the special spa features.

One thing that no else has said yet is that access to all of the spa facilities are complimentary for all guests (but reservations are currently required).

Spa services (massages, etc.) are fee for service -- and, btw, include a 15 % gratuity in the fee. Yes, there will be a line for gratuity on the invoice, but only because there are those who wish to tip more than 15%.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone enforce the reservation system in the spa?  I thought I’d seen a complaint not long ago that some folks were ignoring the system, or at least were overstaying their allotted time, given that the maximum number was exceeded. 

But perhaps I’m misremembering. 

I don’t know how it is now but Iceland in August had a group that overstayed but people in our time slot were good about observing capacity limits in pool and hot tub. Not as relaxing an experience as precovid

• Thanks 1

We just returned from a cruise on Jupiter. We made reservations for the thermal suite on our 2nd day. We reserved once on board. They are allowing 12 persons at a time. The time slots are on the hour for a 45 minute use time. They were enforcing the reservation system. When we went, there were 3 of us and only 2 other people at the same time. All facilities were open for use for those with reservations. It was a very pleasant and well controlled setting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1