vaccinations and shore excursions with small children

elbowroom

We are taking an MSC cruise with a group that includes two small children of an age group far too young to be vaccinated for Covid under current legislation. We are unsure whether we should proceed with the booking or not. Unvaccinated passengers should take MSC excursions only, fair enough. That said, most of the excursions are advertised for people who have been fully vaccinated but nothing is specifically stated as to whether young unvaccinated children can join such  groups. It is clear that they can cruise, that's stating the obvious, but excursions are a different matter altogether. Exemption applies in the former but not, I wonder, in the latter. Presumably, if exemption for small children is not specifically stated, they will be able to board the ship, but more or less will have to remain there the whole time, which is not really a holiday. Does anyone know if and where this information is available, i.e. written down in crystal-clear language? That's what we would really like to know Thanks, and apologies if the same question has been asked previously.

I won’t be much of a help, as I was also struggling to find information about the excursions with an unvaccinated kid. You could download pdf - button at the right upper corner on the excursions page. You could find some more info there. And probably, if “open to all” is in the title, that means they have no vaccines/age restrictions, that’s what I suppose. 
We are leaving this Saturday, I will have more information after our cruise. 

This is what I found, we are leaving on a MSC cruise in two weeks to the Bahamas and Ocean Cay. You might want to wait if there’s somewhere with cities/places other than just a beach area. However, there should be places that you can go on with unvaccinated group.

We are sticking close by until international travel is easier. Hope this helps! 

Can I go ashore freely if my kids are not vaccinated?

Any fully vaccinated guests in the same traveling party with a not fully vaccinated guest or a child 11 years old or younger are considered not fully vaccinated for the purposes of shore excursions. Everyone will be required to purchase a shore excursion for not fully vaccinated guests through MSC Cruises if you wish to go ashore.

Example - A family of four, two adults and two children under 11 years old: All guests will be required to participate in a shore excursion for not fully vaccinated guests. 

Thanks for that. Could you tell us exactly where this information is posted? We are going on a Middle-East mid-winter cruise where excursions for non-vaccinated passengers are basically for adults, which leaves us in a Catch-22 position.

Went out of Miami October 30-Nov 6, unvaccinated kids only allowed off ship on MSC excursions and even then some are marked for vaccinated guests only while others are open to unvaccinated.  For example, Dunn River Falls in Ochos Rios was for vaccinated only but the Puerto Seco beach trip was open to all.  We did the Puerto Seco one, can recommend it since you have a great big pool, calm beach with shade/chairs, fun inflatable obstacle course in the water, and drinks/food for purchase.  

The adults who were vaccinated were allowed to go onshore by themselves, just not with unvaccinated kids.  In Nassau we went onshore to buy stuff while the kids stayed on board with Grandma.  

Note, these rules were affected by what the Bahamas and Jamaica required for vaccination and not just what MSC rules were.  I don't blame those countries for restricting unvaccinated people of any age from having free roaming rights, at least they can control where they go and who they contact by restricting them to authorized group trips