Port arrival time for testing

imahistorygeek

Update - The chat function was actually working this morning and it took about 15 minutes to connect.  I specifically asked about embarkation and arrival time. This was the response. This refers to the language in the app. 

Sailor Services Crew: Okay so we are currently transitioning to "arrival time" and you should arrive at your exact arrival time.

Sailor Services Crew: Previously it was "embarkation time" and you needed to arrive an hour prior.

29 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

This really makes it difficult for those of us who stay at a hotel the night before.  With an earliest check in time of 2pm, not sure what we’ll do for then 2 hours before.  Not customer friendly.

Agree - most peeps who don't live in FL usually come in the night before, more so now because of all the issues with airline staff shortages and flight changes.  All other cruise lines we have been on out of MIA and FLL allowed for noon arrival at the pier and typically checked-in and in the cabin by 1:00. 

4 hours ago, sellwingri said:

This really makes it difficult for those of us who stay at a hotel the night before.  With an earliest check in time of 2pm, not sure what we’ll do for then 2 hours before.  Not customer friendly.

You could try to get a late checkout from your hotel.  If not, you can always leave your bags at the hotel and either hang on property or explore Miami for a few hours.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

You could try to get a late checkout from your hotel.  If not, you can always leave your bags at the hotel and either hang on property or explore Miami for a few hours.  

Thanks but I’ve been to Miami before a cruise probably at least 25 times (not a fan) and most hotels charge for late check out.  There’s so many things I don’t like about Virgin before I even board.

On 11/20/2021 at 2:43 PM, sellwingri said:

However the ability to stay in your cabin until well after 10am on disembarkation day instead of being expected to leave by 8 is customer friendly IMHO. YMMV.

• Like 4

Good flight schedule, landing Miami 1:00 PM, NO hotel, Embarking 2:00 PM.  Last day cruise, entertainment late party, no early wake up, relaxing morning. Disembarkation 11:00 AM. Miami flight 2:00 PM.  The worst cruise experience early disembarking.  Virgin was right, that’s customer friendly!  

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 1:02 AM, CroozFanatic said:

VV has changed the boarding/arrival times available in the app. I took the earliest time...also 11:45am. Not sure if they are boarding before 2pm or not.

Thanks for the heads up.  I just changed our arrival time to 11:45.