Let the Planning Begin - New Orleans Hotel

MistyRo76

Well, we are under a year now to our October, 2022 cruise on the Valor out of NOLA! This cruise was rebooked from our cancelled 2020 cruise, so we are going to be READY by the time it gets here. 

Some background - right now we have a group of 10-12 going on this girls trip! We are of varied ages - 40's up to 70's. And most of the group are experience cruisers, though I don't think anyone in our group has sailed from NOLA before. We will be coming in a day or two before the cruise in order to sight-see, eat ALL the good food, listen to good music and enjoy some vacation cocktails! 

We are not looking for the cheapest place to stay - I'm looking more for the NOLA experience. I like local hotels with some history and a good location is a MUST! We will Lyft or Uber to the ship so our hotel location doesn't have to be super close to the port. But want to be in a location that is walkable to some of the sights and restaurants! 

Hotel Monteleone is already on my list. What other hotels would you recommend that have some southern charm, character and history? 

Hotels

Omni Royal New Orleans Classy 1 block from bourbon St

Royal Sonesta New Orleans Great on Bourbon st

4points Sheraton French Quarter Balcony room center of the action Bourbon st Beads are flying

2 hours ago, jonbgd said:

Hotels

Omni Royal New Orleans Classy 1 block from bourbon St

Royal Sonesta New Orleans Great on Bourbon st

4points Sheraton French Quarter Balcony room center of the action Bourbon st Beads are flying

Thank you! I’ll check these ones out and add them to my list! 

Maybe an off the wall suggestion, but check the web sites of any of the great restaurants that are in the French Quarter.  Sometimes, there will be a map of the area where the restaurant is located and there may be some indications of the hotels that are nearby.  I have used MapQuest for this type of search as well.