Royal Caribbean at home test now good "at least until" February.

13 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

So my Binax Now I bought from Emed with a 10/5/21 expiration date will be good to 2/15/22??  I hope so.  I had thought I heard is was good through Dec. 

No. it's verbiage on their page when you buy the test. So if you buy the test NOW the test you are sent will be good to at least Feb. Basically Royal is letting you know what the minimum guarantee of time the test is good for if you buy it from them. 

The undoubtedly had people buying it for a lot of cruises - like for example buying 6 because they have a Dec and Feb cruise finding out that the tests expire before their Feb cruise. So Royal put in a note letting you know when the tests they're shipping expire. 

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

No. it's verbiage on their page when you buy the test. So if you buy the test NOW the test you are sent will be good to at least Feb. Basically Royal is letting you know what the minimum guarantee of time the test is good for if you buy it from them. 

The undoubtedly had people buying it for a lot of cruises - like for example buying 6 because they have a Dec and Feb cruise finding out that the tests expire before their Feb cruise. So Royal put in a note letting you know when the tests they're shipping expire. 

Ok.  I should check with emed.  Thanks.

Update the Binax Now have a one year shelf life.  Mine are good through 2/6/22. It’s on Emed website.

Edited by torpeedo

On 11/19/2021 at 1:14 PM, torpeedo said:

So my Binax Now I bought from Emed with a 10/5/21 expiration date will be good to 2/15/22??  I hope so.  I had thought I heard is was good through Dec. 

Originally, the kits had a 9 month shelf life. It was later extended by the FDA to 12 months. So if the expiration date on your test states 10/5/21, it is actually good for 3 more months, to 1/5/2022. Hope that will work for your cruise.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 1:36 PM, BecciBoo said:

Guess we'll have to dispose of ours, we never used them, but good peace of mind for just $70 a piece.  Walgreen's came through, so  we'll do them again in March!

me too.  I saw that Walgreens were opening up 4 days in advance so I did that and will just toss my telemed kits.  But I would like to say that CVS is doing a better job of not cancelling as well too.

Walgreens got mine back in 3 hours and CVS in 45 mins.  Took both tests on Fri No 12th within two hours of each other.  I wanted to make sure so I did both.     I consider the $70 just part of the cost of the already cheap fare trip.  

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 1:26 PM, smplybcause said:

This.