Ashamed of Royal Carib….

19 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I am a member, and although I never had to file a claim, my experience with their service was lacking to say the least. I do like the financial products, so that is what I use them for. 

In what way?

Every dealing I have had with them (40+ year member) has been great.  And same with my Dad (70+ year member

On 11/30/2021 at 10:11 AM, SRF said:

In what way?

Every dealing I have had with them (40+ year member) has been great.  And same with my Dad (70+ year member

What do you mean in what way? In the interactions I have had with them over the phone. I do not need to be called a liar... and a follow up phone call apology the following day after they investigated, is not enough to take away the fact that she actually said... "You are lying."

I have not had to interact with them since I dropped their insurance. Although most of the people I know like them, and have had good service, I did not have that experience. 

12 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

What do you mean in what way? In the interactions I have had with them over the phone. I do not need to be called a liar... and a follow up phone call apology the following day after they investigated, is not enough to take away the fact that she actually said... "You are lying."

I have not had to interact with them since I dropped their insurance. Although most of the people I know like them, and have had good service, I did not have that experience. 

I can see how you might feel based on that.

But every interaction with them, they were helpful and got things done.  And when there was a problem, the solved it, even if it was outside what they really should have done.

I had one accident that was the other person's fault (pulled out in front of me).  I claimed through their insurance.  After the repairs were done, there were some issues as they had missed some damage.  It was very hard to see, so I don't fault them, but they refused to even look at the evidence.  I called USAA and explained, and was told that since I claimed directly to the other insurance company, they could not get involved.  BUT, the person told me to give him some time, and he would see what he could do.  15 minutes later the other insurance company called and arranged for an adjuster come out and see the issue.

BTW, that adjuster commented that he could barely see the damage and could see why it was missed (hole in the ignition coil, which caused misfire, which overheated the catalytic converter, which came apart and filled the muffler).  They covered all the additional damage and the rental car (car stopped running about 2 hours into a 2 week vacation).