Ashamed of Royal Carib….

On 11/23/2021 at 3:06 PM, Mikew0805 said:

Not true. Eligible family members of those that served... qualify.

Oh, and they are not the best in price (fact) or service.(opinion) I still use them for a tertiary financial institution, but that is about it.

True, but non-military members get different rates than those who served.

And my experience with them has been that their service has been AMAZING.   If you are not a member and make a claim, they are a PITA to deal with.  Which is how they should be.

I want to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU to the original poster of this thread.  My family and  I do plan to continue to sail with Royal Caribbean and I am relieved to know that there will be at least one less demanding soul with entitlement issues aboard. 

(You always know it's one of them by the very first line, don't you?)

• Like 9

On 11/22/2021 at 9:20 AM, Livetocruise0717 said:

I am a Diamond plus loyal Royal cruiser,  never have I been so ashamed of how Royal is handling refunds.  I was advised 10/1 that my Harmony cruise 10/31    Was shortened and I would receive a refund of 167.00 within 30 days.  Today is day 52.  I have called 3 weeks in a row only to be told Accounting is behind and they cant give me an answer as to when I will see MY money.   U will not be booking any more cruises until Royal does what they promise with refunds. I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .  Anyone else with these issues?

Dear Diamond Plus Loyal Royal Cruiser:  $167.00, hmmm, is it worth the stress you have inflicted on yourself?  Be well!

• Like 1

OP-

Make two columns on a piece of paper.  Draw a vertical line down the middle.  

Title the first one Positive Outcomes for Cancelling Three Cruises over $167.

Title the second one Negative Outcomes for Cancelling Three Cruises over $167.

I'm thinking there will be a lot more negatives.  So just wait on your $167.

• Like 1

Maybe the OP will realize nobody cares about his stupid status and crying about his lousy 167.00.... Like he has a sense of entitlement.  He must be a real joy to watch when he is on a ship. I bet every passenger who unfortunately has to listen to him on a ship hears how wonderful and important he is to Royal Caribbean.   Hahahahahaha

I had to cancel a trip on Harmony for 5 people in May 2020.  It was a 7-night cruise.  You do the math.

It took 6 weeks and multiple phone calls to RCI to be refunded.

I managed to keep my composure and avoid a temper tantrum.

Yes, I was annoyed.  It's a pandemic.  That'll happen.  

• Like 4

On 11/23/2021 at 2:48 PM, Iamcruzin said:

The FCC situation is far worse. It's nothing but a credit with the same company. Why does it take so long? It's not like they are writing a check and need the money to back it.

good news if you call after 40 days to customer service, not the regular phone, they will expedite it.

I got two of mine issued immediately and will wait a bit for the other two.

I was told after 40 days if the automatic FCC system has not kicked in, then call customer service and they will pull it up from the que and work it while on the phone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

good news if you call after 40 days to customer service, not the regular phone, they will expedite it.

I got two of mine issued immediately and will wait a bit for the other two.

I was told after 40 days if the automatic FCC system has not kicked in, then call customer service and they will pull it up from the que and work it while on the phone.

For those interested, what's phone number you recommend? 

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

For those interested, what's phone number you recommend? 

look up contact us and you will see:

Royal Customer Service

800-256-6649 

Call: Mon-Thu 24 hours / Fri 12am-9pm / Sat 9am-6pm / Sun 9am-12am (EST)

if you call reservations, they put you on hold and call the customer service number.  

For some reason other cruiselines reservations people can do more but RCI compartmentalizes EVERYTHING.   Ex. NCL handled changing a reservation and moving dollars and move FCC.  easy peasy.

19 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

OP-

Make two columns on a piece of paper.  Draw a vertical line down the middle.  

Title the first one Positive Outcomes for Cancelling Three Cruises over $167.

Title the second one Negative Outcomes for Cancelling Three Cruises over $167.

I'm thinking there will be a lot more negatives.  So just wait on your $167.

I like your style.   works all the time.  

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 4:30 PM, earltonharley said:

Damn…I’m sure the o.p. was looking to garner some sympathy from the faithful followers of Royal Caribbean, but you know where to find sympathy in the dictionary. It’s between sh*t and syphilis. If NEVER booking again with Royal will make you feel vindicated…go for it. There isn’t any love here for those that bash Royal unwarranted. 

Ha, ha, ha.....loved your post.

May I mention that the worldwide pandemic has messed up so many things the consumer has no idea about? In my business there are many materiel shortages as well as staffing shortages, inability to train, and on and on. Even PAPER is hard to come by. Yet people expect everything to be smooth as can be and they get upset over any aspect that is not up to their lofty standards. Usually it's the people who spend very little and we are happy that they won't be coming back because they'll always be dissatisfied. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, goldfish65 said:

May I mention that the worldwide pandemic has messed up so many things the consumer has no idea about? In my business there are many materiel shortages as well as staffing shortages, inability to train, and on and on. Even PAPER is hard to come by. Yet people expect everything to be smooth as can be and they get upset over any aspect that is not up to their lofty standards. Usually it's the people who spend very little and we are happy that they won't be coming back because they'll always be dissatisfied. 

The problems you point out are very real and permiate thru the entire business system.

I actually feel the pain for Fain and his top crew--wherever they turn its a major stumbling block to deal with; all sourcing, dealing with CDC, and customers, and testing etc.

I think it helped him with his decision to bow out. I would have been 23 skidoo.

I still like the idea of the cruise lines giving  us  elite points if you cancel a cruise and forfeit, eg, if you forfeit 50% of the price you get 50% of the points. perhaps subject to a service charge, but this cancellation deal back when things were "normal" was probably a nice profit line for the cruise lines, where if they have time they can probably double dip.

At least then one feels better cancelling, which we have done 3x for health reasons in family other than us.

On 11/22/2021 at 11:20 AM, Livetocruise0717 said:

I am a Diamond plus loyal Royal cruiser,  never have I been so ashamed of how Royal is handling refunds.  I was advised 10/1 that my Harmony cruise 10/31    Was shortened and I would receive a refund of 167.00 within 30 days.  Today is day 52.  I have called 3 weeks in a row only to be told Accounting is behind and they cant give me an answer as to when I will see MY money.   U will not be booking any more cruises until Royal does what they promise with refunds. I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .  Anyone else with these issues?

Remember they aren’t using state of the art systems here.  Why not just ask them to cancel the refund, and transfer the $167 to one of your other bookings? You can get that done in a phone call. 

18 hours ago, goldfish65 said:

Isn't that the truth. Unfortunately they keep coming back.  People were complaining all weekend that we had a very small section for Christmas decorations. They have no idea what's going on in the world. I work for a chain drugstore.  I'm more concerned that we don't have a single cough drop in the store than I am about not having gift tags and ornament hooks.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 9:58 AM, SRF said:

True, but non-military members get different rates than those who served.

And my experience with them has been that their service has been AMAZING.   If you are not a member and make a claim, they are a PITA to deal with.  Which is how they should be.

I am a member, and although I never had to file a claim, my experience with their service was lacking to say the least. I do like the financial products, so that is what I use them for.