Refreshment beverage package or DBP - Starbucks not included

First time Royal cruiser on Harmony of the Seas in January. I understand that Starbucks drinks are not included. Are there other places to get premium coffees like espresso, lattes, or cappuccinos?. Currently they are on sale for $17 and $62 respectably. Are those good or great prices? Do you think Black Friday deals will get better?

Specialty coffee drinks are available both in Windjammer and Café Promenade. Not sure about other possible locations on Harmony.

Prices on the drink packages changes all the time. You can buy now and watch prices. If they go down, cancel for a refund and rebuy at the better price.

ETA: I think Park Café may have specialty coffee too but can't remember

Edited by nws2002

Those actually sound like the Black Friday deals have loaded for your sailing.  And yes, you can get specialty coffees at Park Cafe.   You just can't use the package at the actual Starbucks store on the ship.  That's a great deal for refreshment for sure.  Lowest I've seen it--and the same price as last Black Friday.   I have the feeling that they aren't really 'slashing' the DBP this time around.  They quietly raised the 'onboard price' for the DBP to $88, which means the Black Friday sale would be $62ish.  That's a LOT higher than it's been on prior years, but I expected this year wouldn't have quite the same level of deals since the cruise lines have been bleeding money for well over a year and a half now.  

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

First time Royal cruiser on Harmony of the Seas in January. I understand that Starbucks drinks are not included. Are there other places to get premium coffees like espresso, lattes, or cappuccinos?. Currently they are on sale for $17 and $62 respectably. Are those good or great prices? Do you think Black Friday deals will get better?

The refreshment package is a great price. Lowest I have seen since tracking for my cruise. As for the DBP, I have seen prices as low as 58.00 so I would not say a great price...

• Thanks 1

With the deluxe beverage drinks package- 

when you eat in the included dining options within your cruise fare - such as windjammer, dining room etc are drinks included there at dinner and breakfast times throughout the day? Or is it food only? In that case a deluxe drinks package including all juices / coffee / alcohol etc would probably make sense… 

or do you only need the drinks package when you are in bars / premium restaurants that aren’t within the cruise fare? 

Our cruise is only 4 days long, with 2 days in between at Nassau and cococay, so I’m trying to figure out if I’ll even be on the ship that much, as both of those days I’ll be on the island for the full time allowed. Day 1 we won’t be sailing until evening and day 4 we are at sea all day.. 

2 hours ago, Kilash said:

when you eat in the included dining options within your cruise fare - such as windjammer, dining room etc are drinks included there at dinner and breakfast times throughout the day? Or is it food only? In that case a deluxe drinks package including all juices / coffee / alcohol etc would probably make sense… 

or do you only need the drinks package when you are in bars / premium restaurants that aren’t within the cruise fare? 

Our cruise is only 4 days long, with 2 days in between at Nassau and cococay, so I’m trying to figure out if I’ll even be on the ship that much, as both of those days I’ll be on the island for the full time allowed. Day 1 we won’t be sailing until evening and day 4 we are at sea all day.. 

The drinks that are included with the cruise fare (basic coffee, tea, machine-style juices at breakfast, flavored waters) are available in dining venues and throughout the ship, you do not need a package for those.

Keep in mind if you have any of the beverage packages they do work on Coco Cay so you will be able to get the same things you would onboard.  

On 11/23/2021 at 6:57 AM, familycruising4ever said:

I read somewhere that Johnny Rockets milkshakes are included in the Refreshment package however it doesn't mention that in the description.  Anyone ever had experience with this? We're on Harmony in a couple of weeks and just wondering if we can end our evenings with a creamy milk shake 😉

Yes, milkshakes from Johnny Rockets are included in the refreshment package. I verified it under the FAQ.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:37 AM, Kilash said:

The drink packages are good on Coco Cay too

• Like 2