Zaandam from Seattle Question

stalco

I am looking to book an inside cabin in late August on the Zaandam from Seattle. We live 4 hours away from Seattle so for once airfairs are not an issue. We are already crusing later this spring so a second cruise is pushing it but the price of $700 pp is almost too good to pass up.

My question is should I wait to book?,do these cruises get cheeper for inside cabins as it gets closer to the cruise time?

I know I would much rather have a outside.. but since we are movng "up" to HAL the inside is bigger then most of our balconies on Carnival and we just can't afford an outside right now.

Any comments on this ship would be helpful.

I am looking to book an inside cabin in late August on the Zaandam from Seattle. We live 4 hours away from Seattle so for once airfairs are not an issue. We are already crusing later this spring so a second cruise is pushing it but the price of $700 pp is almost too good to pass up.

My question is should I wait to book?,do these cruises get cheeper for inside cabins as it gets closer to the cruise time?

I know I would much rather have a outside.. but since we are movng "up" to HAL the inside is bigger then most of our balconies on Carnival and we just can't afford an outside right now.

Any comments on this ship would be helpful.

We are first-timers to Alaska this summer, too, and so I personally can't answer your question. I can tell you what has been told to me. Alaska is a VERY popular cruise destination, and I think the sooner you book the better. Several groups are chartering entire ships, which means fewer itineraries available to the rest of us. If you wait too long there might not be any inside cabins, whcih are usually the first to sell. Just my (ignorant) two cents:) . Good luck to you, maybe we'll see you on board!

No. And no. If---on some outside chance---the price goes down you can ask for a refund. If you wait you might not be able to get a cabin of your choice, or even get a cabin at all!

And inside for Alaska is fine. The scenery is so gorgeous that you'll want to be outdoors as much as possible. When it's absolutely, positively necessary to be inside (dressing, for example) you can turn the TV to the view from the bridge.

Archived