Dining package - buy now or on the ship?

Shayhooper

My husband and I already have the dining package which gives us 2 dinners at specialty venues however our daughter is not included in that.  We have reservations for all 3 of us at Cagneys and LeBistro and we are trying to figure out if we should pay ala carte for her or buy a 2 meal dining package for her either now or on the ship.  Currently the 2 dinner package is $95 online.

27 minutes ago, Shayhooper said:

My husband and I already have the dining package which gives us 2 dinners at specialty venues however our daughter is not included in that.  We have reservations for all 3 of us at Cagneys and LeBistro and we are trying to figure out if we should pay ala carte for her or buy a 2 meal dining package for her either now or on the ship.  Currently the 2 dinner package is $95 online.

The cost is the same in advance or onboard.

If you have any OBC, you could use that when you buy the package on the ship. 

If you buy it in advance, the package will be encoded and printed on your daughter's room key. 

We usually pre-pay as much as we can about a week before departure to minimize charges to track on the ship. 

On 11/22/2021 at 9:24 PM, BirdTravels said:

The cost is the same in advance or onboard.

If you have any OBC, you could use that when you buy the package on the ship. 

If you buy it in advance, the package will be encoded and printed on your daughter's room key. 

We usually pre-pay as much as we can about a week before departure to minimize charges to track on the ship. 

You make a good point about the info appearing on the key card if you prepay.  On the other hand, sometimes it's a good idea to wait until you're on board so you can use up some OBC.

Edited by The Traveling Man