Early disembarking on Star Breeze Tahiti

stromer

I will be on the Star Breeze Tahiti cruise in Jan 2022 and one of the return flight options to the USA is a early morning flight that would require us to get off the ship around 5 am.   WS said that may not be possible because of Covid restrictions.  They don't know why the restriction was put in place.  Has anyone who has sailed in the past know why this might exist.  Without the ability to do this we now have to take a late evening flight with the uncomfortable option of hanging out in town for the day in a day room.  Has anyone incountered this problem before.

Thanks, Rick

I do not have the answer to your question and from past experience, I would consider this a fluid topic with likely differing answers clear up until the ship is underway and you can ask a staff officer.  So considering that, I believe you would not have a clear answer soon enough to consider the AM flight option.  Personally, I would not risk it.

My answer is actually related to the alternative we took on our last sailing out of Tahiti in January 2020.  We did not rush to disembark.  We rented a car and circumnavigated the island for a very lazy day.  This included some very out of the way stops for some outstanding waterfall viewing.  We are not day room inhabitants.  In some places like Venice we have spent the departure day with the world's longest "people watching" brunch possible.  Both exploring in Tahiti and people watching in Venice have become some of our fondest travel memories.  We are never in a hurry to make the "first flight home". 

• Like 1

I had asked a similar question in a Facebook Messenger chat with Windstar regarding a Tahiti cruise last May (which ultimately was cancelled).  Since the ship arrives back in Papeete at 9pm in the evening, I asked if it was possible to disembark that night to accommodate a flight.  The response was:

Hello, yes, absolutely! You may disembark a day before. Just let Guest Services Manager know at the check in. Have a great vacation with us!

So, some variation of that may be an option.  Try them on Facebook, they were pretty responsive and replied within 2 hours.

• Like 1