Excursions for Ultimate Southern Caribbean? Slim pickings!

Harrylinden

Looking for excursions for our December 10th cruise on the Equinox! Not many excursions for the ports we have to take a ship excursion on!
4 ports are ship excursions only.Barbados, Dominica,Gernada and St Kitts.Does anyone have any suggestions on the ship excursions you have taken. I thought I read on here The ship wasn't going to stop in Gernada? Any info on that would be appreciated also! Also any suggestions for the other 3 ports? St Croix,Antigua,and St Vincent! Thanks in advance!

For Antigua, check out www.Adventureantigua.com.  We’ve taken their excursions many times. They do a superb job.  In St. Croix we enjoy going to Christenstad. There’s a fort there to explore, a unit of the US National Park system, stores to explore, and nice places for lunch. Our favorite shops areJan Mitchell’s glass shop and IB Designs.  

• Like 1

The Caribbean Islands change their status for both tourists and restrictions  often.  Suggest using the internet to find the current rules, then exploring companies offering cruise ship excursions.  Just make sure the tour is refundable if the ship doesn't dock or doesn't happen because of restrictions. 

Enjoy.  We were supposed to be on this sailing too 😞. We cancelled this before the original final payment so don't know what is being offered now.

In Barbados, we love to snorkel with the turtles.  Barbados has some of the best and abundance of turtles I've seen. 

We love the beaches in Antigua so usually reserve that Island for just a beach day plus Antigua is on your own now I believe.  

I remember St Vincent had the Cat to Bequia, the rainforest hike and the land/sea pirates of the caribbean tour.  St. Vincent is just getting over the devastation from the volcano this past Spring so I'm not sure what is being offered.

Can you do a private tour in Dominica?  Levi Baron from Bumping Tours is excellent.  

St. Croix we just usually go to Rainbow and Sandcastle Beach.  

Some of the things in Grenada are the sprices, Grand Etang, waterfalls and sea sculptures. 

St. Kitts isn't offering much for my Apex cruise so I can't say much here.  We usually go over to Nevis.  The Brimstone Hill Fortress has some spectacular views from the top.  The bus takes you to the top.

Good luck.  I wish we were still sailing with you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Harry, we are on this same cruise on Jan. 9th.  Would you mind asking what night the Chef's Table dinner is on your cruise?  Thank you and enjoy.  We really like Domencia and it seems this itinerary might be it for a while for that port.  Brian from Kentucky.

We frustrated with choices (lack thereof) for our March S. Caribbean cruise - they don't even have options for St. Lucia up yet. I'm making three types of plans - cruise (least preferred), operator (if government approved and allowed, so confusing already) and on own (mostly preferred). What the heck, if they want us to buy cruise tours why are the options so incredibly limited? 

54 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

We frustrated with choices (lack thereof) for our March S. Caribbean cruise - they don't even have options for St. Lucia up yet. I'm making three types of plans - cruise (least preferred), operator (if government approved and allowed, so confusing already) and on own (mostly preferred). What the heck, if they want us to buy cruise tours why are the options so incredibly limited? 

Perhaps because the world is in the middle of a pandemic, and some of the islands are not doing all that well, and it's not exactly business as pre-pandemic usual. 

On 11/24/2021 at 8:37 AM, Want2Cruise 701 said:

St. Kitts isn't offering much for my Apex cruise so I can't say much here.  We usually go over to Nevis.  The Brimstone Hill Fortress has some spectacular views from the top.  The bus takes you to the top.

We were in St. Kitts on the Silhouette not quite two weeks ago.  We were limited to ship's excursions and took the St. Kitts Scenic Railway tour.  It was incredibly enjoyable -- informative, very scenic, and a truly fun afternoon.  

I'd like to go to Nevis some day, but that was not an option on this trip.