Best Tour Guides in Turkey?

We just returned from the NCL Getaway and our ports in Istanbul/Ephesus were cancelled last minute due to COVID. I had arranged a guide and prepaid 100% of our tour for 8 people over 3 days based on Terms & Conditions of a full refund in case these ports were cancelled. I booked with Attila Kilinc, owner of Marmara Tours, who agreed to a refund at first but then messaged me to say he wants to keep the money because times are hard and that he doesn't think the cancellations are fair. While I was also disappointed to learn of the cancellations, his T&Cs were clear about a refund, yet he is now refusing. I'm going through my credit card company to get this refunded, but I am now planning my cruise in the next year or two to Turkey/Israel.

Anyone have experience with good, professional Turkish guides that they would recommend? I'm now refusing to prepay for tours, so I only want to consider guides that don't request this.

16 hours ago, bennybear said:

We had good luck with Levant Solmaz in 2019.  We paid him in cash that day,  I think the tour guides are really struggling in Turkey.  But that still doesn’t excuse what has happened to you. 

Thank you! Will def look him up!!!

I really do feel bad as well, but I think everyone is struggling so we are all in the same boat in one way or another. Best to lift one another up together than to take advantage of someone.

8 hours ago, kirsten1526 said:

Thank you! Will def look him up!!!

I really do feel bad as well, but I think everyone is struggling so we are all in the same boat in one way or another. Best to lift one another up together than to take advantage of someone.

Found his card.   Hope you have good luck.

image.thumb.jpeg.06b9904924002d1b867ed4d0c3703903.jpeg

• Like 2