NCL ENCORE QUESTIONS

hammsbear

For anyone that has recently been onboard:

- is there currently a piano player in the District?
- are the Beatles performing in the Cavern Club?
- what is current capacity percentage?

- are there bands in the atrium or skyline lounge?

- is there a piano player in the observation lounge?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have heard many ships are having a difficult time getting entertainment onboard and many ships have limited entertainers

Thanks !

12 minutes ago, hammsbear said:

Thanks. 
Any others out there who have been onboard recently?

Hi

No  piano player in the observation lounge, no band in the atrium. Alexa played in the atrium. The Q restaurant had a band playing after 830 pm, they told me while I was dining there. No I never saw the band. 
The ship was between 35-40%. And the pool deck was still packed🤗🤗

6 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Man are NCL getting chintzy with entertainment if they just had Alexa playing ..... HEHEHEHEHEHE!

16 Best Amazon Alexa Skills - Top List of Cool Alexa Skills

Some guy tried that joke in the obs lounge.  It didn't go over very well.  🤣  Funny your GIF shows asking for Bohemian Rhapsody.  That was the number one request on our cruise.  She does a great rendition, and also gave us at least two other great Queen songs.  Her "encore" the last night (no pun intended) was "We are the champions."  We had a loyal crowd and we simply wouldn't let her quit at 10:00.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Some guy tried that joke in the obs lounge.  It didn't go over very well.  🤣  Funny your GIF shows asking for Bohemian Rhapsody.  That was the number one request on our cruise.  She does a great rendition, and also gave us at least two other great Queen songs.  Her "encore" the last night (no pun intended) was "We are the champions."  We had a loyal crowd and we simply wouldn't let her quit at 10:00.

Glad her batteries didn't run out!

On a serious note -sounds like she's good at what she does - perhaps she'll still be onboard when I sail the Encore on Dec 12th - if so I'll make a point to search her out and enjoy her preforming abilities :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammsbear said:

For anyone that has recently been onboard:

- is there currently a piano player in the District?
- are the Beatles performing in the Cavern Club?
- what is current capacity percentage?

- are there bands in the atrium or skyline lounge?

- is there a piano player in the observation lounge?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have heard many ships are having a difficult time getting entertainment onboard and many ships have limited entertainers

Thanks !

We did a Sept cruise, so I can only answer to that - 

District - Jacob (think I remember that name right)  piano type keyboard thingy, sing along popular songs, some jokes & stories, and karaoke.  Betsey the waitress is great at karaoke, encourage her.  Was disappointed that venue didn't have a full bar or we'd have been there every night.  Very much enjoyed the atmosphere and comfy seating.

Cavern Club - comedy show, Native American male & White male - can't remember their names either (sorry!) They weren't impressive.  Standing room only.

Beatles - were listed in the Daily as in the Cavern Club, but when you got there, you were sent to the theater.  Standing room only again.  Not my thing, so we skipped it, but the couple we went with loved it.

Atrium band - YES, Ukrainian group I think they told us.  Female main vocalist, she was amazing; the male covered for her on breaks and he was good as well.  There were many words and syllables that weren't translated well, it could be awkward to sort out what was happening to a familiar tune, and people mentioned it, but I'm sure that got better with time.  I felt there was so much potential in the female vocalist, she was just wow, no matter what she sang.

I don't remember a Skyline Lounge... eek.. maybe we didn't hang there.  

Paino player and female vocalist (Alexa) in the Observation Lounge in afternoon and evening.  Again, she was very good, very!  Music was more "formal", not our thing, we listened on the way thru, but didn't spend much time there.  

Theater - two Broadway shows; Choir of Man and Kinky Boots.  Both were excellent, were unpredictable and most importantly FUN.  Theater was about half full.  They did those shows by reservation, I thought to keep it from being too crowded.

Game Shows etc - in the Atrium, modified to limit contact, still a lot of fun.

Honestly the entertainment schedule looked light to me, but we had several choices every night, same as always.

16 minutes ago, hammsbear said:

Thanks to all!

SKYLINE on Encore doesn't have room for a band. It doesn't have the dance floor like on the Escape. Look for a post on here with dailies for 2021 sailings and you can find the bands/ pianist  schedules. We were on Encore last December and we only caught the Piano in the Observation lounge once and it is not for long periods of time. 

20 hours ago, ArtInMotionPersians said:

Paino player and female vocalist (Alexa) in the Observation Lounge in afternoon and evening.  Again, she was very good, very!  Music was more "formal", not our thing, we listened on the way thru, but didn't spend much time there. 

The dailies indicate the "theme" for each of Alexa's hours.  

52 minutes ago, ArtInMotionPersians said:

Yes, per usual.  Same as for the other musicians, per usual.

Well, you mentioned it was too "formal" when you randomly walked through.  Did you come back to hear her at any other time?  I probably logged 12 hours listening to Alexa on our October cruise and I have no idea what you mean by "formal."

On 12/2/2021 at 5:17 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well, you mentioned it was too "formal" when you randomly walked through.  Did you come back to hear her at any other time?  I probably logged 12 hours listening to Alexa on our October cruise and I have no idea what you mean by "formal."

OK odd.  👀  But I'll respectfully respond.

I didn't say "too formal", I said "more formal", you can scroll up to review the post.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed so much time listening to her, we witnessed quite a few fellow passengers enjoying their experience as well.  To us, it felt like an opera singer in an art gallery, which is an awesome experience; we're more sing-along with sober plus karaoke volunteers at the local pub.

Formal =  Hair Up, full make up, jewelry, evening gown, sequins.  Very structured, no one singing along, no requests, no ad lib lyrics, no silliness.  Music sounded old rat pack, broadway, nothing we recognized exactly, slightly familiar, quite pleasant.  Very talented performer, dressed to the nines, in charge of her room. Classy.  Mad respect, but just not our thing, enjoyable in passing.

No, we never came back just to hear her - she wasn't a draw for us, nor was the crowded observation lounge.  We did what we enjoyed; the near vacant waterfront area or our balcony for viewing (it was worth it to be cold for the "front row seat") and the less formal, more spontaneous music/performers.

Everyone enjoys something different, that's why they employ multiple different performers and different venues.  It's not personal, it's simply that your preferences aren't ours.  And that's the beauty of these boards, you get opinions and thoughts from across the spectrum of cruisers.