Question about reserving specialty dining

Trish Traveler

I have sailed Celebrity before, but have never used any specialty dining.  For my upcoming March cruise I am thinking of reserving Le Petit Chef.  When you reserve in advance, prior to sailing, are you actually paying for the reservation at that time?  If so, what is the cancellation policy?  TIA

When you make the reservation you are charged. If you have OBC from Celebrity you can use that to pay, if not you must provide a credit card which will be charged when you book.  I don’t know the parameters of when you can cancel , I think it is 24 hrs, it may show in the booking screen.  Certainly if you cancel the cruise or it gets cancelled and you paid with a credit card you would get a refund.

7 hours ago, Trish Traveler said:

I have sailed Celebrity before, but have never used any specialty dining.  For my upcoming March cruise I am thinking of reserving Le Petit Chef.  When you reserve in advance, prior to sailing, are you actually paying for the reservation at that time?  If so, what is the cancellation policy?  TIA

I paid for dinner reservations and then cancelled them. I got a credit card refund. Not sure what the cutoff date for refunding is. There’s probably a cancellation policy posted online