Royal's ships 2023/24

On 8/17/2024 at 10:13 AM, arxcards said:

The Rome to Dubai & Dubai to Singapore legs are showing as close to sold out too.

All three legs have now been taken off the website.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fairywren said:

It must be an almost sold out situation. Dubai to Singapore is showing again, with only 1 inside category available - but sold out when you click further.

2 hours ago, fairywren said:

Thanks

This is interesting.

Voyager cruise prices in the Mediterranean September and October 2025 are reasonable. 
The cruises from Brisbane are thru the roof December 2025.

To me it appears those cruises in the Mediterranean are going to run.

Those ones from Brisbane if they happen I doubt it will be Voyager. 
Keep an eye on the Voyager cruises September and October 2025  in the Mediterranean. These are the cruises that will determine if Voyager will get to Brisbane. The Suez Canal isn’t an option anymore for Voyager. 

Edited by springaussie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fairywren said:

What do you think could replace her, if anything? Could we end up with only Anthem?

I’ll second spectrum,I think they might pull it out of china.

They wouldn’t send it to the U.S as it would be culturally enriching but it would be a hit in Australia.

• Haha 1

If Voyager did not end up coming, why would they bring Spectrum to us here in Brisbane? Wasn’t their plan to swap Quantum to Voyager because Quantum didn’t fill up here? Why would they bring basically the same ship with a risk of it not filling up again?

7 minutes ago, green_apples said:

If Voyager did not end up coming, why would they bring Spectrum to us here in Brisbane? Wasn’t their plan to swap Quantum to Voyager because Quantum didn’t fill up here? Why would they bring basically the same ship with a risk of it not filling up again?

The Chinese economy isn’t the best and I’ve read the bureaucracy in the ports are pretty unworkable,especially for western ships .

R.C just cancelled Ovation’s deployment to china and sent it to L.A .Ovation is a westernised ship and will do well in California.  On the other hand,Spectrum is a very  Asian ship and wouldn’t do well. Americans like things to be American.

I think with the current situation the only place they could send Spectrum is Singapore or to Australia . It would be ,just a last resort 

• Like 2

Phil, I just check Brisbane ports for the 2026/27 season and Royal has no port booking for this season. Do you think they are withdrawing from homeporting in BNE. If Voyager does come in 2025/26 where will it go to after this season? I wonder if the 2026/27 season deployment is contributing to the 2025/26 season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Phil, I just check Brisbane ports for the 2026/27 season and Royal has no port booking for this season. Do you think they are withdrawing from homeporting in BNE. If Voyager does come in 2025/26 where will it go to after this season? I wonder if the 2026/27 season deployment is contributing to the 2025/26 season

Brisbane has only had 26/27 up for about 2 weeks now. Same thing happened last year Royal appeared around October. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Royal will book Brisbane cruise terminal slots, but don't book their shipping movements for Brisbane till much later. Royal has shipping movements booked at Yorkeys for Quantum & Voyager in 2024/25 and 25/26 respectively; as well as Shute Harbour for Quantum in 24/25.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Finally building the Speculation and Assumption of the Seas.  😁😁

PS. Shouldn’t this thread’s title be changed to Royal’s Ships 2024/25 ?

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Brisbane has updated its schedule, Voyager appears to be back to Brisbane from 30th October 2026 - 28th December 2026 at the moment. most likely be to extended though 

Edited by green_apples
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, green_apples said:

Brisbane has updated its schedule, Voyager appears to be back to Brisbane from 30th October 2026 - 28th December 2026 at the moment. most likely be to extended though 

I wonder where it goes over the winter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, green_apples said:

Thanks that interesting.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Where’s it going over winter Glen?

LAX or Alaska.

If Royal is doing dry docks for ships over 20 years every 3 years Navigator will be due Easter 2027.

if it is every 2 1/2 years Navigator and Voyager will be both need a dry dock visit during the Oz season 26/27.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I wonder where it goes over the winter.

I am not sure they know, or they are being coy about something new.

Following the 25/26 season, there are no outward port bookings in QLD or Darwin, so there is no clue about her heading north to Asia of Europe. There are no bookings in Fremantle to hint of going west toward South Africa. Transpacifics are usually done via Sydney to get the extra US passengers, and there is no booking there either.

Possible it might be easier for them to leave her in Australia, but they are waiting to see what happens with the Red Sea, P&O Carnivalisation or the phoenix of the Lelepa colony. Lots of balls in the air, but they just need to grow a pair and make the most of a Carnival own goal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Following the 25/26 season, there are no outward port bookings in QLD or Darwin, so there is no clue about her heading north to Asia of Europe. There are no bookings in Fremantle to hint of going west toward South Africa. Transpacifics are usually done via Sydney to get the extra US passengers, and there is no booking there either.

Possible it might be easier for them to leave her in Australia, but they are waiting to see what happens with the Red Sea, P&O Carnivalisation or the phoenix of the Lelepa colony. Lots of balls in the air, but they just need to grow a pair and make the most of a Carnival own goal.

How long do you think it would take Voyager to get from Barcelona to Fremantle via Capetown?

This document updated last week claims 2 months for a Unique Sailing. But would it take that long?

The Singapore to Brisbane Voyager cruise could still stop at the same ports on the same days just start in Fremantle instead 2 or 3 days earlier. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025-2026_Deployment_Summary_Ship.pdf

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, springaussie said:

How long do you think it would take Voyager to get from Barcelona to Fremantle via Capetown?

This document updated last week claims 2 months for a Unique Sailing. But would it take that long?

The Singapore to Brisbane Voyager cruise could still stop at the same ports on the same days just start in Fremantle instead 2 or 3 days earlier. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025-2026_Deployment_Summary_Ship.pdf

The curious part is that for September & October, they are currently selling Mediterranean cruises, not "Unique sailings". Those sailings are coded in blue - repositioning. Virgin & Princess have shown you can still arrive in Europe in the same time going via Fremantle & Cape Town, and visiting limited ports. Voyager has no Freo booking at this stage, and still has Darwin & Cairns on the way to Brisbane. 

It is possible they could dump a couple of Med cruises and the current segment to Dubai in favour of a "Unique Sailing" from Rome to Cape Town, then on to Dubai & Singapore per the current schedule. 20th October ex Rome should be enough to provide a unique itinerary that arrives to schedule in Dubai on 17th November. There is heaps of availability on those end of season Med cruises.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, springaussie said:

It still seems to show 3 months for Unique Sailings but of course it’s just a rough guide rounded to monthly boundaries.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I also think they have an opportunity to capitalise on disruption in P&O and Princess deployments but I don’t think this would drive their decision making.  
It’s wait on see on the situation in the Red Sea as you say.  

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

It could even be a place holder for something else if Voyager doesn’t come.

Spectrum or even Navigator might be due for another dry dock around then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

It suppose to be an extra 10 days steaming from Europe to Dubai or Singapore ,no passengers.

Apparently that’s what shipping companies are quoting.

Edited by Chiliburn