Bordeaux Guide

If you think you will buy French wine (shipped to you if over $200) I can recommend a guide who gave us a fabulous "free " tour of the Medoc and St. Emilion bordeaux with entrance to 2 Premier Grand Cru wineries - Chateau Margaux and Chateau Mouton Rothschild as well as Pinchon de Longueville with tasting at all three. Private tours are expensive and may not get you entrance and tasting at the major wineries. If you consider what you pay for the tour, going with him for "free" and then buying wine turns out to be a bargain and a once in a lifetime experience. His contact info is: Bernard Atia - go to finestwine.com then scroll to the very bottom and under free services click on the "free wine tour" link. You can also try bernard @finestwine.com There is a free phone call in the USA where you can leave a message 1-877-572-0305

We toured with him on a cruise which stayed in Bordeaux overnight. He can deliver the tour and tastings at the Premier wineries, if this is important to you. It may seem incredible when you look at what going to these wineries cost on two/three ship's tours. There was no one ship tour going to all three of these wineries. It did seem incredible to us at first but he came thru with flying colors. However, we did buy wine comparable to what a full day and a half tour (which we had with him) would have cost.

Thank you for your recommendation of Alain. I sent an e-mail and got a very prompt response. Can you give me any more information about your experience with him?

We wanted to visit a few famous wineries in the St. Emilion region which he set up, he took us to see the town of St. Emilion, arranged reservaton for lunch at a great little restaurant. He has some pre arranged tours so just ask him what he suggests if you are not sure and go from there.

He was terrific.

Have fun.

Claudia

Thank you Claudia. I just received a proposed itinerary from Alain and will be looking it over this weekend with our traveling companions. He sounds very good and we will probably use him. Thanks for the recommendation.

Archived