Premium Plus beverage package = all Starbucks

LG123

We are currently on the Breakaway and all Starbucks drinks are included.  When we upgraded our package, they specifically said that all Starbucks was included.  We have not tried it but there is no limit to the number drinks you can get.  Just go back throughout the day and get what you want.  On the downside the Vueve is not available at the bars, only the dining rooms.  My wife specifically talked to the beverage manager, and he would not budge.  Also, for those who like scotch the Johnny Blue has been removed from the ship much to my disappointment.   On our Epic cruise pre-pandemic it was part of the premium plus package.  I have to settle for Talisker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This perk will probably get removed or limited just like the Veuve did where you could order bottles as people begin to abuse it buying Starbucks for all of their friends onboard. People would come on here posting how they would drink multiple bottles of Veuve for lunch and dinners and then NCL replaced the bottles with glasses only. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

We are currently on the Breakaway and all Starbucks drinks are included.  When we upgraded our package, they specifically said that all Starbucks was included.  We have not tried it but there is no limit to the number drinks you can get.  Just go back throughout the day and get what you want.  On the downside the Vueve is not available at the bars, only the dining rooms.  My wife specifically talked to the beverage manager, and he would not budge.  Also, for those who like scotch the Johnny Blue has been removed from the ship much to my disappointment.   On our Epic cruise pre-pandemic it was part of the premium plus package.  I have to settle for Talisker.

Did he say if the Vueve was available at the Haven bar? Can you each get one bottle at dinner as my wife can put away one no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On my last cruise we heard some people saying they did not know that regular and decaf coffee could be ordered in the restaurants and dining room. They thought they had to pay extra for the Starbucks options because that was all that was listed on the menu. Apparently even the waiters even told them that was all they could order. Just a tidbit in case anyone else thought that. I had no problem getting the free coffee in the evenings anywhere on the ship by just asking for a regular or decaf cup of coffee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From NCL website:

"For non-select bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included), “Wine and Spirit Experiences”, tastings, and flights, guest will receive a 40% discount when purchased on board."

So this includes Dom Perignon? Because that's quite a deal if included.

Thanks!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

From NCL website:

"For non-select bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included), “Wine and Spirit Experiences”, tastings, and flights, guest will receive a 40% discount when purchased on board."

So this includes Dom Perignon? Because that's quite a deal if included.

Thanks!

NCL also has the disclaimer "Subject to availability" (which leaves NCL with some wiggle room to claim

Dom is "unavailable.")

- - actual experiences could vary: by ship, sail date, itinerary, or perhaps even, based on stateroom category (and/or) onboard spending history, etc.

• Like 2

It’s been awhile since I’ve cruised - If I just have the regular drink package that’s included when booking, can I still get a cappuccino (not Starbucks) and not pay extra or are all coffee drinks exclusively from Starbucks?

1 hour ago, Sexydva74 said:

It’s been awhile since I’ve cruised - If I just have the regular drink package that’s included when booking, can I still get a cappuccino (not Starbucks) and not pay extra or are all coffee drinks exclusively from Starbucks?

If you have the regular beverage package (included in booking) you will be charged for a cappuccino, regardless of where you order it.  On rare occasions, servers might forget to charge😉.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

If you have the regular beverage package (included in booking) you will be charged for a cappuccino, regardless of where you order it.  On rare occasions, servers might forget to charge😉.

Thanks!  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jetact said:

Did he say if the Vueve was available at the Haven bar? Can you each get one bottle at dinner as my wife can put away one no problem.

I don't know if Vueve available at the Haven bar.  And it isn't available by the bottle in the dining rooms, only by the glass.  Which is ridiculous, since we end up drinking a bottle anyway.  Moet is available by the bottle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

I don't know if Vueve available at the Haven bar.  And it isn't available by the bottle in the dining rooms, only by the glass.  Which is ridiculous, since we end up drinking a bottle anyway.  Moet is available by the bottle.

Correct. Earlier I posted that we got a bottle at Bayamo. My wife reminded me that we did not, we were drinking it by the glass.

The Premium Plus was something I debated pre-COVID...for a few reasons.  I think / thought they include energy drinks...but according to their rules, they are not to be shared (with a teenager, for example, who cannot buy into a plan that includes energy drinks).  

I have regained my affection for Latte and Cappuccino, but would I upgrade (at that cost) just to include Starbucks?  No.

So I guess my point is, the PP package is really only for those who are planning to have higher-end drinks or wine / champagne.   If that is your reason for upgrading, I get it, but really isn't the Starbucks piece just gravy?   (if you want it at all).   I mean no one is buying this package to get free Starbucks.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

The Premium Plus was something I debated pre-COVID...for a few reasons.  I think / thought they include energy drinks...but according to their rules, they are not to be shared (with a teenager, for example, who cannot buy into a plan that includes energy drinks).  

I have regained my affection for Latte and Cappuccino, but would I upgrade (at that cost) just to include Starbucks?  No.

So I guess my point is, the PP package is really only for those who are planning to have higher-end drinks or wine / champagne.   If that is your reason for upgrading, I get it, but really isn't the Starbucks piece just gravy?   (if you want it at all).   I mean no one is buying this package to get free Starbucks.   

I had Starbucks every day of my last cruise without the package and paid for it. We upgraded this cruise and now I might have two a day.

Just got off the Breakaway this morning. Can confirm the Haven bar there was no shortage of Veuve, you could get it all day no issue. In that bar you could pretty much get anything.

They did have Dom and it does get a 40% discount, we didn't buy one because she was plenty happy with the Veuve. We didn't get it by the bottle but they'd bring as many refills as she wanted.

Starbucks was most certainly included and unlimited. She would go and order 2-3 at a time never an issue. I think one day we might have had 6-8 drinks throughout the day. The refreshers were nice for an afternoon drink and I also liked the green tea lemonade.

Anyone has any other questions let me know.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 6:25 PM, GettotheSun said:

I do actually buy it for the Starbucks the veuve and top shelf liquors are the gravy. I sailed on Bliss when it was the first Starbucks at sea and not on any drink package, what I spent on coffee would have nearly paid the upgrade, over 200$

• Like 2

Just got off the Bliss.  To clarify previous questions:

• There is no limit to the amount of Starbucks you can consume.  I never tried more than one Venti Caramel Macchiato at a time, but I had...um...several.
  • I drank my share of Veuve Clicquot.  It was available in most bars.  Even when I sat in Maltings, where they don't have it on hand, the waiter from Cavern across the way would bring me my glass (if you throw your bartenders a few bucks here and there, your glass will never be empty.) 🙂
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

Just got off the Bliss.  To clarify previous questions:

• There is no limit to the amount of Starbucks you can consume.  I never tried more than one Venti Caramel Macchiato at a time, but I had...um...several.
  • I drank my share of Veuve Clicquot.  It was available in most bars.  Even when I sat in Maltings, where they don't have it on hand, the waiter from Cavern across the way would bring me my glass (if you throw your bartenders a few bucks here and there, your glass will never be empty.) 🙂

I wish this had been the case with Veuve on the Breakaway two weeks ago.  I was told by several bar tenders and the assistant food and bev director that it is only available in dining rooms.  No bars on the ship had it available.  Super disappointed. 

On 12/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, MNcruisingcouple said:

Wait what?  It’s specifically listed as one of the wines available by the bottle at dinner.  

Supply chain deliveries could be an issue for different ships (just like there supply shortages in the states).

Also, there seem to be multiple beverage lists out there, so EXPECT variables onboard.

NCL does print the disclaimer "Subject to availability" (small print, on almost everything).

They can utilize that phrase, to their advantage, as needed.  Afterall they are a business!

15 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

I wish this had been the case with Veuve on the Breakaway two weeks ago.  I was told by several bar tenders and the assistant food and bev director that it is only available in dining rooms.  No bars on the ship had it available.  Super disappointed. 

That's amazing.  I didn't try every bar as it was only a 7 day cruise!  I think the only "hard no" that I got was at The Local (O'Sheehan's.)  Got it at A List, the Cellars, Maltings (via the Cellars,) the bar at Le Bistro, Observation Lounge (though the glasses there were smaller for some reason,) and possibly others 🙂

I forget in which restaurants I had it, definitely Le Bistro and had a sparkling rose' in Ocean Blue.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tantsee said:

If you get the “free” beverage package, what is the add-on cost for the premium package?  

As previously stated, an incremental $34.80/day pp.  The basic drink package is $19.80 day so total is $54.60.  Admittedly, a decent amount of money.  But as I've stated in different threads, that $34.80 gets you a lot of non-alcoholic stuff.  So if you like bottled water (still or Pellegrino,) fresh juices, Starbucks, energy drinks, etc. those are ONLY included in the P+ package.  Back of envelope, I almost broke even on Macchiatos and Pellegrino alone (call it $25+/day.)  The first Veuve put me over the top.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 2