Deal Alert: 7 nights in a Balcony for $294

BermudaBound2014

Dude that is sick, great find! Actually with Voyager discount I see $284.....or $369 for All-In package with Easy Plus Drinks and WIFI.  I mean hell you pay more than $369 in taxes/ fees for NCL's "free" beverages on a 7-night cruise. Wow. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

This is a nice deal if you are interested in a last minute sailing on Meraviglia. A rack rate balcony cabin is $294 pp. You can get a bit of a discount off that also if you call around. Hope someone can take advantage of this......

image.png.8d9035e6be42bf95925e0c679ee080d7.png

Wow would love to see if that includes drinks or that is a different offer?  I'm on that sailing and I got drinks for +$90 over the Oceanview (329 I think) which was the way to go.  I coulda got free Balcony upgrade but drinks obviously much better value.  I have put in for a balcony upgrade at the minimum of $90 a person too and waiting to hear back.  From the looks of it I think i should be successful!  Safe to say this won't be a full ship!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, buckeye25osu said:

Wow would love to see if that includes drinks or that is a different offer?  

The price with drinks and internet is$90 more, so $384. But remember, that's rack rate. You can add other discounts too. I also believe there is no solo supplement on this voyage either (but solo's will want to double check that). People from the USA just aren't booking MSC right now. I expect January discounts to be very deep also. 

All the cruise industry is losing money as hell these days. Sadly, even though specific cruise restrictions are being lifted by the day, cruisers are not coming as soon as most of us would desire. By the most part, a 50% occupancy level is wonderful for any given ship out there. The premium to luxury cruise lines will go trough all of this relatively well. Smaller ships with such a fixed clientele, might to work in some ways... So now, the mainstream companies are perhaps reaching their limits. To close a ship increases costs... To make hard discounts perhaps only pays for the bare minimum operational costs out there... All of us will to lose one or the other way... But...

...Yeah, even here in Europe I'm starting to see those nice deals... MSC hasn't had really them for years here where I live... I believe the last ones were back in 2015!... Wondering if I lived in Barcelona, I'd to stay for several weeks aboard an MSC ship!... Even considering the current MDR menus as very limited and the buffet offerings on the poor side of the pound... Some less than EUR 200 pp (or 300 with drinks!...) for a last minute deal week in an inside room with all the meals and port taxes and fees is likely less than to stay at home for the very same week, without any other concern on your part are deals that cannot be passed away!...

And prospects for the next year are going to follow the same path. A big TA started this week to sell the usual Lisbon to Lisbon southern Med cruises... Surely: For the next year the scaled ship seems to be the Fantasia (they might change it come February. If it is like on the last 2 or 3 years we will end up with a Mera/Sea class vessel...). Not the flag ship by any means... But such an EUR 100 discount across the board on all categories compared to this year's Virtuosa last minute deals makes the difference!... Well, well... Decisions, decisions!...

Have a nice day!...

@Nunagoras I am not at all familiar with how MSC prices for those residing in Europe. It seems each country has different rules and pricing structure. I do know that for Americans, choosing to sail MSC out of Europe is most often the cheapest option also. Much cheaper than RCL or Celebrity. Personally, I think that as an American choosing MSC out of Europe would add to the experience so it's a win/win for us.

For those that can't do a super last minute cruise, you can select any Meraviglia sailing in January for just $45 more. Aurora experience is pricing at $599. Divina is pricing similar.  I'm already committed to spending the winter in Maui again or I'd be booking B2B2B2. At this price point, it's cheaper than snow-birding in Florida.

image.png.8c9af0d1265e9d686215840ac3cc189b.png

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

@Nunagoras I am not at all familiar with how MSC prices for those residing in Europe. It seems each country has different rules and pricing structure. I do know that for Americans, choosing to sail MSC out of Europe is most often the cheapest option also. Much cheaper than RCL or Celebrity. Personally, I think that as an American choosing MSC out of Europe would add to the experience so it's a win/win for us.

For those that can't do a super last minute cruise, you can select any Meraviglia sailing in January for just $45 more. Aurora experience is pricing at $599. Divina is pricing similar.  I'm already committed to spending the winter in Maui again or I'd be booking B2B2B2. At this price point, it's cheaper than snow-birding in Florida.

image.png.8c9af0d1265e9d686215840ac3cc189b.png

Yes, they operate on a market by market basis. As I use to say on these boards, for the last 6 years in row MSC for us here in Europe has been rising their prices successively. In some cases, just before all this covidical mess, I could see some sailings priced as high or even higher than the RCL Oasis class ship for this summer, especially on Virtuosa!... I'd never thought MSC to be able to price their product at a higher point than RCI!... Having done both, I'd never to give them that value, even though I enjoy their product at the right itinerary and price tag. As I say: Unless you're able to go far out of brochure prices MSC has been priced quite at a par with the likes of RCI, NCL, Princess, etc!...

But things are different now... TBHH: If it wasn't for the extortionate air pricing (a single way Lisbon-Barcelona might to cost me more than the cruise itself!) and the lack of a proper rail system from where I live to Barcelona and I'd find a way forward to be on such a cruise by mid January. At those prices it would to be such a non issue!... But the deals you have there are even better than ours here, that's for sure!... Have a nice day!...

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 5:45 PM, buckeye25osu said:

Hey All-  I bid the minimum for balcony upgrade and got it.  $90 pp coming from Fantastica Ocean View.  It was basically almost free because I got 172 back from the 5+15% deal.

Wonderful! I'm glad this all worked out for you :). Happy cruising

On 12/3/2021 at 12:38 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

This is a nice deal if you are interested in a last minute sailing on Meraviglia. A rack rate balcony cabin is $294 pp. You can get a bit of a discount off that also if you call around. Hope someone can take advantage of this......

image.png.8d9035e6be42bf95925e0c679ee080d7.png

Looks great. I would seriously consider it (being in Orlando area) if I weren't on an NCL transatlantic right now we which I had to book after Seashore left us without a

cruise. Keep posting the deals. (Seriously!) I have $4500 in the MSC coffers which I may never see again if we don't spend it on cruises.

• Like 1