MSC Private Island Middle East

Savblanc1

Hi

We are cruising out of Dubai in January and one of our stops is MSC's private island.  Anyone been before and got any info.  Also we are in YC.  Is there a different area/dining there.  Not bothered either way tbh but just curious.  Thanks 

Is it Sir Bani Yas island? It's not exclusive to MSC, other cruise lines use it too. We went there in Feb 2020 on Jewel of the Seas. It's just a beach stop with a buffet lunch similar to the Carribean private islands. I think there was a separate suite beach but we were not in a suite so couldn't use it. The ship also did tours to the Wildlife reserve on another part of the island (only accessible with a tour).

It was a tender port at the time but looks like they are planning a pier. I remember them saying the week before us they missed the stop due to the weather.

• Like 1

We visited a few years ago. As above, it's a pleasant beach day. There is a separate beach area and restaurant for YC guests. 

The island doesn't have any other amenities or special areas in the immediate area as you arrive, or it certainly didn't. 

Although we didn't do the excursion to the wildlife reserve, I recall very positive reviews of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The island doesn't have any other amenities or special areas in the immediate area as you arrive, or it certainly didn't. 

There are some more hotels or better said resorts now on SBY. Not even the cruise stop area is MSC exclusive, other lines stop there too. 

The cruise beach has - like everything else in the Emirates - a VIP section, that should be the YC area.

• Like 1

As said above, it is by the most part a beach day with a few wildlife excursions if you're on that mood. There is a "VIP" section for suite guests. Even though it is a Jumeirah group property, things will work like if it was a cruise line private island, so your cruise card is what you need for payments there. Drinks packages were valid at my turn back in 2017, that might to be changed. Sometimes weather is not our friend. Even though the ship was there at my turn, we decided to make this just another sea day, and most did the same at our day. Too foggy to be rightly enjoyed.

Edited by Nunagoras

The area in the pic with Shisha pipes was operated by locals and they took cash. They sold a few souvenirs and I remember buying an ice cream. 

Everything else including lunch was run by the ship. We enjoyed our day there.

• Like 1

thanks everyone and pictures look lovely!  Its funny as we booked this  Middle East cruise on board a previous  MSC cruise and the cruise consultant said it was MSC's private island lol!!  We aren't fussed either way as looks lovely regardless of who uses it, but funny that she said that.  Happy Cruising everyone x