Cabo, El Mendano Beach, Cabo Villas Beach Club? Anywhere but Billigans!

sprinkles

Hi all. I’ve been going to Billigans (next door to the office) for at least 20 years.  We were there two weeks ago (after two years) and not the same.  They had removed the “free while eating and drinking loungers” and only had $200 beds for rent.  We ended up renting chairs and a umbrella for $40 from a vendor on the beach.  We still had our food and drinks from them, but the drinks were watered down, Arggg!  It ended up being an expensive day and our old favorite “people” were not happy with their tips.

Going back in two weeks and again in February. Want some new place to go.  Any suggestions?  We just want comfy loungers, near the beach with good food and drink.  Anyone ever go to Cabo villas beach club?  They said it is $60 with $50 for food, they never got back to me if that is for one or two people.  Suggestions?  Thanks

Oh come on, Nothing?  Wow, ok even a day pass place. I think the Riu sells day passes, anyone ever stay there?  We’ll if no answers I’ll post where we go when we get back, for those who have been looking at this thread.

Tammy

We stayed at the RIU in April for a week. Was very nice .  I belive their day pass gets you the same all-inclusive stuff as a guest . You have a snack spot between the pools for hamburgers and the like or the buffet with lots of good stuff to eat and a great view of the Arch . Nice wide beach , but not for swimming . Lots of bars with a wide variety of drinks. You could lounge by the pool and staff will come by about every 15 minutes to get your drink order.

On 12/10/2021 at 8:44 PM, xeriod said:

We stayed at the RIU in April for a week. Was very nice .  I belive their day pass gets you the same all-inclusive stuff as a guest . You have a snack spot between the pools for hamburgers and the like or the buffet with lots of good stuff to eat and a great view of the Arch . Nice wide beach , but not for swimming . Lots of bars with a wide variety of drinks. You could lounge by the pool and staff will come by about every 15 minutes to get your drink order.

Thank you for the info.  Nice to know about the swimming, you just saved us $200 bucks.  For those who had been reading/interested in the beach club.  They finally emailed back, $60pp for the day with $50pp in food and beverage credit.  Princess just changed our itinerary and we will no longer be in Cabo on Christmas Eve, think we’ll save this option for February cruise.  Will post up then if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

@sprinkles why not simply rent an umbrella from the guys at the end of the beach at the entrance to the marina in front of the Breathless resort"  I can't imagine even paying these guys $40 for a couple of chairs and an umbrella.  The guys on the beach will sell some amount of drinks - mostly beer.  You can walk into the marina area and hit one of the bars or restaurants at the entrance.  Much more relaxed than in the heart of the marina.

Just returned from our MR cruise aboard Koningsdam.

We always go to Tabasco when in Cabo.. it is at the very far end of Mendano, next to a small lagoon. They have loungers, but these must be reserved in advance. We just got there early and parked at a nice table in the sand, the hours flew by.

Food is good, prices reasonable, and a LOT quieter than the other beach bars farther down the beach.

We always walk there and take a water taxi back

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, we didn’t go to the beach club.  Took new “cruiser friends” with an adult son to the mango deck,  fun, great tacos but very expensive!  Although much less then Billigans .  They had security so vendors could not come in.  Very strict with masks.  Kinda hard to swim with a mask, but if you were only going out to swim they would let you back in without one to go back to your table.

I would go back again, but kind of over cabo a little.  Will have two days there in a month, just might stay on the ship with all the Covid going on.

I will say the beach club looked very nice, but the loungers were placed just to close for my “Covid comfort “

Tammy

• 4 weeks later...