Costa Drink Prices in US Dollars !!??!

JoshGrrrr

Ok, I've looked everywhere with no luck. I've found a few old reviews that mentioned some drink prices in Euros.

What are Costa's average prices for beer, the daily special, and mixed drinks?

Does anyone have a copy of the bar menu?

BTW....a dinner menu would be nice as well.

Depends on the ship and destination. If Carribean it's American dollars and from what I have seen on the board it looks to be between $4-$5 a bottle with a break if you buy 6 at a time.

Look at the rollcall for MAgica 2/26 and elswhere, there is a menu for each day. Whether it is the same on all Costa ship, I don't know but it should be similar

If you are doing a Mediteranian criuse none of the above applies

Ok, I've looked everywhere with no luck. I've found a few old reviews that mentioned some drink prices in Euros.

What are Costa's average prices for beer, the daily special, and mixed drinks?

Does anyone have a copy of the bar menu?

BTW....a dinner menu would be nice as well.

Back Feb 26 from the Costa Mediterranea in the Western Carribean. Beer was $4..US, drinks were $6..US, and the daily special drink was $5..US. We also tok our own on board for the cabin...and purchased beer in Cozumel, and brought it on in a gym bag. Still bought lots of drinks from the ship...so don't feel guilty

someone mentioned above that if you are on meditterranea, none of the above applies.. what did u mean by that? the prices don't apply or the menu, i'm confused :(

Ok what was sais is: If you are doing a Mediteranian Cruise none of the above applies. It isn't the ship--but over seas cruise that doesn't apply. Hope this helps.

I just got back from the Med. and I kept a drink menu as a souvneior to put at our bar...

drink specials everyday were, approx $5.50 or you can get the XL for an extra .50 cents (good deal)

only beer on tap - heineken and Bud. (4.25)

Also - we they had happy hour at several bars, that all frozen drinks were 5$...

Ddont forget to add the 15% surcharge(tip) to every order, also if you buy drinks the first day while still in port, you can expect an extra 20% port surcharge...

• 1 month later...

Yes they do. I believe they were $3.50.

They had draft Heinekin for $4.25 for half a liter. That was the best deal at the bar in my opinion.

All mixed drinks were between $6-7.50 except for the daily special. It was $5, $5.50 if you make it XL.

Depends on the ship and destination. If Carribean it's American dollars and from what I have seen on the board it looks to be between $4-$5 a bottle with a break if you buy 6 at a time.

If you are doing a Mediteranian criuse none of the above applies

Are the prices on board in Europe in € Euros then?

Hope they still have the 'buy six' special in Europe !!!!

Does any one have a copy of the wine list please?

If you are concerned about the price of drinks on board bring your own on board. Below is my posts from thread- Anyone on Mediterranea- Eastern Caribbean April9-16.

For sure, see my note above re San Juan our first stop and St. Thomas. If we are at same pier in San Juan as our last stop here ( the east or most right when facing shore from ship if I remember correctly ) the cheap duty free shop was the small ( and crowded) one to the right in the corner of the building after you enter the terminal building. There are larger ones upstairs also. Just put liquor in your own bag (beach, backpack, etc.) before getting on ship.

Last year we got 750ml bottles of virgin island rum and Curacao Original liqueur there for $3USD Also available at this price was volka, gin and American whiskey.

This is our first Costa Cruise but I have been on 18 other cruises in the last 6 years with Princess, RCCI, HAL , My travel Sun Cruise Line. and 2 other small cruse ships. My wife literally dragged me on our 1st cruise and I have been pushing to go on cruises since. I have never had any liquor or wine taken from me to be held until the last day upon embarkation or upon reboarding at any stops except for one of my early cruises in the Mediterranean when I boarded with liquor in a duty free shopping bag bought at the pier when embarking in Mallorca, Spain. I didn't repack since I was buying to take home and didn't care if they took it. They delivered it to my cabin the day before disembarkation, I guess in case you wanted to pack it away in your suitcase for the return flight home. You don't lose the liquor, they just hold it for you until the end of the cruise. Same ship in the Med. in the two following years cruises, I went to a local superstore in a large shopping nearby in Mallorca and had no problems bringing on liquor, wine and beer. I just made sure they were at the bottom of the shopping bags covered with soda pop, bottled water,etc. I have also done so at many other stops in the Med., Carb.,Mexico and Alaska. Also have seen thread that states people bought duty free booze on ship and were allow to take immediately to their carbin. I have only been able to do this on the day before leaving the ship since that is the day they deliver your duty free to you anyway. I have seen higher prices than duty free advertised in ship's stores for on board consumption which allows you to take your purchase immediately.

Last Spring we drove down to Norfolk,VA to do an 11 days southern Caribbean cruise with HAL Maasdam. The night before embarkation, we stopped at a Walmart and a liquor store, bought and packed 5 litres cellar cask of wine, a bottle of volka and 12 pack of beer in our suitcases for use on the ship. Security on the ship actually took my 8 " dive knife and pocket knife out the suitcase with the volka and wine ( both knives were returned at the end of the cruise ) while transferring the bag to our cabin . They left a note and receipt in the bag concerning the knives and left the the wine and volka there to be delivered to our cabin. They actually had to lift the cellar cask of wine to remove the knives from a small dive pouch packed underneath. The other bag with the beer was not even opened.

I fact all of the other cruise lines we have travelled with will allow you to bring wine aboard since you can pay a corkage fee to have your own wine served to you in the dining rooms and I've seen on other threads that this is the case with Costa also.

Don't buy at Toronto airport or on plane as it is too expensive even if they say its duty free. Skyservice web site shows duty free price of $18Cnd for 1.14L of rum, volka etc. on their flights and I believe airport prices are even higher.Why bother carrying down south when you can buy so much cheaper there. If anything bring a small plastic (water) bottle of the liquor or a few cans of beer you need or want for the 1st. night and sea day. Alternatively if you take a taxi to Port Everglades from FFL, you could have the taxi stop at a market that sells beer, wine and liquor. Taxi cost was about $10 between airport and docks two years ago without such a stop. If you are on Sunquest Pkg with transfers or you have paid for transfer this is not as good an option.

I would like to know why my post was removed from this thread??? I know by the check mark in the thread line that I posted to this one yesterday informing fellow cruisers of a gift service available for their use that my husband and others used on our 3-17-06 sailing. It was not advertising, just information if someone wanted to use it...where did it go???? and why is it gone????

Thank you,

Judi

Just so you all know I got my fingers smack by the Host. I was not advertising, just wanted to let you know about how excited I was about the service and how it worked. If you ever talk to Shelley, you will see why everyone wants to say hi to her in any way....even through future orders. She is a nice lady and adds a personal touch to each order.

Sorry if I offended any of you.

So long,

Judi

Are the prices on board in Europe in € Euros then?

Hope they still have the 'buy six' special in Europe !!!!

Does any one have a copy of the wine list please?

Yes ,I don't like it either.

But starting -crossing the Atlantic --the prices and TIPS change in Euro's. (reading my travelpapers)

I can't use the cheap dollars but must use our expensive Euro's !!

Even for us European it is a pity,cause our Euro is really expensive.

I am curious about the changing prices,

is 5 dollar / 5 Euro aboard of the vessel ?

Or 5 dollar = 4 Euro?

What is a six"special ?

What is a six"special ?

The 6 Special is a special priced deal offered by Costa where you can order 6 beers at once and they are brought to you iced-down in a little metal bucket/pail for (I believe it was) $20US. This offers savings over buying the beers 1 at a time. Another good choice is ordering a bottle of Martini & Rossi Asti Spumonte in the lounges while enjoying the music. It's also $20US and is served in its own tableside icebucket. The Asti is a sparkling wine that is smoother than champagne.

Archived