MSC Canadian Website - Covid testing requirement makes no sense.

GateGuardian

Only on the Canadian website, since Canadians have to book through msccruises.ca

Unvaccinated guests have to get PCR Test within 3 days. Vaccinated guests have to get PCR test within 2 days...... it's like they're punishing us for being vaccinated. The more confusing part is on the USA website, it says Canadians can just use get an antigen test...*****. It's probably just a typo on their website, but still......

Travel Requirements Caribbean and Antilles | MSC Cruises

• All Guests (2 – 11 years old) need to provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test taken within 3 days before embarkation (i.e if you embark on your cruise on a Saturday,  you should take your COVID-19 RT-PCR test on the Wednesday before). Antigen COVID-19 test is not accepted to take a cruise (even though it is allowed to fly to the USA) and boarding will be denied. Guests (2 – 11 years old) will undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal (free of charge), before boarding.
  • All Guest (12 years old and over😞
  • need to provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR taken within 2 days before embarkation (i.e if you embark on your cruise on a Saturday,  you should take your COVID-19 test on the Thursday before).  Antigen COVID-19 test is not accepted to take a cruise (even though it is allowed to fly to the USA)  and boarding will be denied. If the COVID-19 RT-PCR test is done more than 2 days before embarkation, Guests will undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal (free of charge), before boarding

• COVID-19 insurance for Canadian residents is optional until 14 December; starting from 15 December, it is MANDATORY. The insurance policy should cover against COVID-19 related risks, such as trip cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance and related expenses, as well as hospitalization and it is important that the policy also includes coverage in the case of being a close contact. 

42 minutes ago, GateGuardian said:
  • COVID-19 insurance for Canadian residents is optional until 14 December; starting from 15 December, it is MANDATORY. The insurance policy should cover against COVID-19 related risks, such as trip cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance and related expenses, as well as hospitalization and it is important that the policy also includes coverage in the case of being a close contact. 

How will Canadians get covid insurance onboard a cruise ship? Currently, Canada has a travel advisory against cruising OUTSIDE Canada. 🙄

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

Edited by HappyInVan

2 hours ago, GateGuardian said:

Only on the Canadian website, since Canadians have to book through msccruises.ca

Unvaccinated guests have to get PCR Test within 3 days. Vaccinated guests have to get PCR test within 2 days...... it's like they're punishing us for being vaccinated. The more confusing part is on the USA website, it says Canadians can just use get an antigen test...*****. It's probably just a typo on their website, but still......

Travel Requirements Caribbean and Antilles | MSC Cruises

• All Guests (2 – 11 years old) need to provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test taken within 3 days before embarkation (i.e if you embark on your cruise on a Saturday,  you should take your COVID-19 RT-PCR test on the Wednesday before). Antigen COVID-19 test is not accepted to take a cruise (even though it is allowed to fly to the USA) and boarding will be denied. Guests (2 – 11 years old) will undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal (free of charge), before boarding.
  • All Guest (12 years old and over😞
  • need to provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR taken within 2 days before embarkation (i.e if you embark on your cruise on a Saturday,  you should take your COVID-19 test on the Thursday before).  Antigen COVID-19 test is not accepted to take a cruise (even though it is allowed to fly to the USA)  and boarding will be denied. If the COVID-19 RT-PCR test is done more than 2 days before embarkation, Guests will undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal (free of charge), before boarding

Yikes! That looks like it was written by someone who just drank a case of beer 

Edited by styles27

Just an absolute gong show.

I saw the requirements changed yesterday - after I got my PCR test for my Sunday departure. This means while I’m now in the 3 day window listed on the US site, I’m not in the 2 day window listed on the Canadian site. Mind you they still have the clause about testing people for free if their test was over the 2 day mark. 

Just saw this in fine print for our booked MSC cruise in September....check yours out...may be different as the cruise we have is to the Baltic for two weeks......but if true may cancel and do always want to take a ship tour.......like to do our own thing.... Ken in snowy Kelowna

You must either purchase insurance through MSC Cruises or present documentation at the pier with sufficient coverage purchased from another provider or you will be denied boarding. MSC requires guests to be on an MSC purchased excursion to disembark in port.

1 hour ago, GateGuardian said:

Just boarded the MSC Seashore. I had both PCR and antigen test and they said Antigen was ok for Canadians.

Have a great cruise!

Will be boarding Seashore on Jan 8th and can’t wait. 
How many passengers are on your sailing?

17 minutes ago, GateGuardian said:

2000, so less than 1/3

That’s a good number, far from crowded but enough people to make it fun!

We only had 490 on our Divina sailing a few weeks ago…it was a little too quiet sometimes.