Booster

beloum

11 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

I've had mine for a while now, But I will admit I was skeptical of getting the booster close to boarding, so we waited until after the cruise.

I REALLY wanted the booster before the cruise, but was skeptical of it producing a possible false positive for our COVID test (I doubt it would have- just being paranoid!). I did the eMed test at 7am on Thursday morning, COVID booster at noon, tired and sore on Friday and boarded (feeling great!) on Saturday! 

12 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Got my Pfizer Booster shot last week and unfortunately I got the full side effects, chills, night sweats, and sore in the arm, fever.  It started around the 10th hour after injection and by the 24th hour it was all gone except for the arm soreness.  I had a reaction to both shots so I was mentally prepared but physically not so much.

This happened to me as well.  I was fine up until 12 hours after the shot (Pfizer)...I had chills, body aches, fever and I thought my arm was going to fall off it hurt so bad.  I am glad it is done though.  We don't cruise until April, so who knows what changes will be in store by then.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Got my Pfizer Booster shot last week and unfortunately I got the full side effects, chills, night sweats, and sore in the arm, fever.  It started around the 10th hour after injection and by the 24th hour it was all gone except for the arm soreness.  I had a reaction to both shots so I was mentally prepared but physically not so much.

That’s too bad. How did the side effects compare to the first two **** for you? I had it really bad with my 2nd Moderna shot, but nothing with my Moderna booster. 

14 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

This was me yesterday. Slept for 17 hours yesterday according to my FitBit, but I'll do it again in 6 months if they say it'll help protect me and my community! 

• Like 4

We both got boosters Thursday.  Hubby felt worse that I did.  I felt a little run down and achy for a while but not too bad.  If they DO decide that a booster is part of the definition of “fully vaccinated”, we’re ready!

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
9 hours ago, sapphire_407 said:

Got my Moderna booster yesterday and this morning had chills so bad, muscle aches.  Pretty intense.  Slept most of the morning and I'm beginning to feel a little better.  Get it on a Saturday if you have a job.  You'll need Sunday to recover. 

Wife and I had those symptoms on our second shot, not so much on the booster. We did have the sore arm bit for a few days.  But to my understanding the booster shot is supposedly a half shot of Moderna. Our doctors insisted on a FULL shot's as we both had surgery's this past year.

Made the mistake of getting my Moderna Booster while I was already sick with a minor cold.  Woke up the next day with equilibrium issues and nausea.  Was fine after going back to sleep for a few more hours, though.

It was the first cold I've had in probably three years (thanks, masks!) and I took off work and got a Covid test just to be safe.  When it came back negative I thought I'd make the most of the sick day and go ahead and get the booster.  While I'm glad I got it, I have to wonder if the cold made the booster reaction worse than it would have been otherwise.

20 hours ago, loohoo1 said:

I REALLY wanted the booster before the cruise, but was skeptical of it producing a possible false positive for our COVID test (I doubt it would have- just being paranoid!). I did the eMed test at 7am on Thursday morning, COVID booster at noon, tired and sore on Friday and boarded (feeling great!) on Saturday! 

I got my booster shot this past monday. i got a sinus infection the next day. went to the clinic and they tested me for covid and guess what? i have the covid. i am free again after thursday.

22 hours ago, sapphire_407 said:

Got my Moderna booster yesterday and this morning had chills so bad, muscle aches.  Pretty intense.  Slept most of the morning and I'm beginning to feel a little better.  Get it on a Saturday if you have a job.  You'll need Sunday to recover. 

I took an ibuprofen pain reliever tablet about an hour before my Moderna booster and I had no problems.  I did the same before my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine as well.

I know that everyone's body and reaction is different, but this worked for me.

30 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I took an ibuprofen pain reliever tablet about an hour before my Moderna booster and I had no problems.  I did the same before my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine as well.

I know that everyone's body and reaction is different, but this worked for me.

The person giving us the Moderna vaccine said not to take pain reliever before vaccination.  As soon as I started feeling bad with second shot I took some ibuprofen.  I also used a cold pack on my arm after vaccination.  I believe it helped some with the pain.  

On 12/5/2021 at 12:18 PM, loohoo1 said:

A vaccine can not given you a false positive as the vaccine does not contain the Covid virus.

You test positive for Covid when you are exposed to the Covid virus.

For those that test positive after getting the vaccine, booster or otherwise, you probably were exposed before you got the vaccine.

• Like 1