PAT/boarding time/covid test

pehlibaar

We are joining friends on our upcoming cruise. We booked separately but have our reservations linked so we can have dinner together. Had a couple of questions.

We are Castaway Club members so I think we get priority boarding(?), if our friends have a different PAT, can they come with us if we are earlier? 

Also, if someone in our family or their family, tests positive (my biggest fear) at the port, will we all have to cancel even though our bookings are separate?

1 hour ago, pehlibaar said:

We are joining friends on our upcoming cruise. We booked separately but have our reservations linked so we can have dinner together. Had a couple of questions.

We are Castaway Club members so I think we get priority boarding(?), if our friends have a different PAT, can they come with us if we are earlier? 

Also, if someone in our family or their family, tests positive (my biggest fear) at the port, will we all have to cancel even though our bookings are separate?

In the past, if you have linked reservations, and your port arrival time was different, it MIGHT be possible to arrive together, but DCL would suggest that you arrive at the later PAT.  These days, I'd say they're probably pretty strict about PAT, because of the testing protocols.

If the two families are arriving TOGETHER (via same transportation) then both families would be denied boarding if one person tests positive.  If the two families are arriving at the same time, via separate transportation, only the people on that reservation will be denied boarding due to a positive test.

16 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

In the past, if you have linked reservations, and your port arrival time was different, it MIGHT be possible to arrive together, but DCL would suggest that you arrive at the later PAT.  These days, I'd say they're probably pretty strict about PAT, because of the testing protocols.

If the two families are arriving TOGETHER (via same transportation) then both families would be denied boarding if one person tests positive.  If the two families are arriving at the same time, via separate transportation, only the people on that reservation will be denied boarding due to a positive test.

Thank you so much! We will be in separate vehicles, I would hate for them to miss out on their first ever cruise if someone in our family was positive

7 hours ago, pehlibaar said:

Thank you so much! We will be in separate vehicles, I would hate for them to miss out on their first ever cruise if someone in our family was positive

When we asked for our Thanksgiving cruise, we were told the CM will also ask if you have spent time with the other linked reservations. Example, sharing an Airbnb or hotel rooms.

If so, then the other reservations will be denied.

• Thanks 1