UK rules from 7th December testing

Lesanne

3 hours ago, kohl1957 said:

Everyone has their own comfort level.. we are looking forward to our 28 days aboard QM2 on 14 January 2022 to the Caribbean... frankly if she spent all 28 days at sea, I'd be happy just to be away from the handwringers and governmental panic in a Cunard "bubble at sea."  

I am heartened that QM2 is, at the moment, New York-bound, in mid Atlantic once again and Cunard seems to be coping, as are their passengers, with this... aptly put "dog's breakfast" of governmental flailing.  I am glad my fleeting experience in the purser profession was 32 years ago!

But if everyone "waits until the dust settles," one wonder if there will be a cruise industry still around and waiting... if it ever does.  

I am rather in agreement.  We have no idea if and when the "dust will settle" and I'm tired of waiting at my age as Covid will likely be around for the remainder of my life.  I'm on the Jan. 3rd east-bound transatlantic and then the Jan. 18th Spain/Portugal cruise.  I'm perfectly content wearing a mask everywhere and taking whatever tests they want (just wish they weren't so expensive).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kohl1957 said:

Everyone has their own comfort level.. we are looking forward to our 28 days aboard QM2 on 14 January 2022 to the Caribbean... frankly if she spent all 28 days at sea, I'd be happy just to be away from the handwringers and governmental panic in a Cunard "bubble at sea."  

I am heartened that QM2 is, at the moment, New York-bound, in mid Atlantic once again and Cunard seems to be coping, as are their passengers, with this... aptly put "dog's breakfast" of governmental flailing.  I am glad my fleeting experience in the purser profession was 32 years ago!

But if everyone "waits until the dust settles," one wonder if there will be a cruise industry still around and waiting... if it ever does.  

I completely understand the reluctance of many, to stay at home until 'things' ease', but I agree with your last sentence.

We haven't been away from home since our Sept'19 cruise and whilst we are still speaking to one another and have weathered the Covid storm so far by being extremely cautious [not shielding or isolating though] , we want to go on holiday.

I haven't heard of a Covid case on Cunard, so far and have been impressed by that alone. We have many cruises booked, and one fully paid for as one was cancelled after the final payment was due. We have decided to be leisurely and have booked a  pre nights stay at the Harbour hotel and Spa for each cruise, in a suite so we can 'isolate ' in comfort should we want to not risk unnecessary exposure in the hotel's restaurants.

I am just keeping my fingers crosses, Cunard's protocols extend beyond April. If not, they might see more cancellations and cruise transfers.

If our cruises go ahead, then we will be on them. masked, excited, but  cautious.🙂

I'm sorry, to be clear - under the current rules, for an eastbound transatlantic crossing, we'd need three tests: a test before boarding to satisfy the NY Port; a test before disembarking in the UK; and, assuming we plan to stay in the UK for a few days, a test before boarding the return flight. Thank you!

21 hours ago, cello44 said:

I'm sorry, to be clear - under the current rules, for an eastbound transatlantic crossing, we'd need three tests: a test before boarding to satisfy the NY Port; a test before disembarking in the UK; and, assuming we plan to stay in the UK for a few days, a test before boarding the return flight. Thank you!

You must also take a PCR test before day 2 in the UK. Your timings might enable you to use the PCR test as your test to return to the UK.

On 12/15/2021 at 10:43 AM, sandancer said:

We are on QE and we have not been given any info about the testing situation at all. The ship is beautifully decorated for Christmas. There was a Christmas show last night in the theatre. It was great. Gala night last night and I would say 90% of the guests dressed in black and white. Masks worn by all. 

Many thanks,glad you had a wonderful time,fingers crossed we pass our Covid test at the port or it's back home for Xmas