U.K. traveller’s need best and reasonably price from Miami airport to ft Lauderdale hotels

nicben

Sounds like a good deal with Booking.com

Not any good for you this time, but we try to fly into Fort Lauderdale if sailing from Port Everglades. There is usually a flight change in USA but as it will be your ‘Port of Entry’, you would clear immigration there (possibly Atlanta, JFK ) then be free to walk straight out of FLL airport, as you will be on a domestic flight. You do have to collect and re check your bags  though.  Easier too for your return flight. Taxis from FLL airport to hotels are about $20 but some hotels provide shuttles. Taxi and shuttle available to port about $20 for taxi, shuttle $7-9 per person. Return taxi from cruise port to airport also about $20

We think it’s easier than looking for transfers.

Edited by Reina del Mar

Thanks. We try to fly BA as we collect points. Will try for FLL next time. My only concern with Booking.com is that it takes forever to transit MIA. I called them and they assured me that the driver arrives 45 mins after plane lands and waits a further 45 mins so fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Thanks. We try to fly BA as we collect points. Will try for FLL next time. My only concern with Booking.com is that it takes forever to transit MIA. I called them and they assured me that the driver arrives 45 mins after plane lands and waits a further 45 mins so fingers crossed. 

We usually fly KLM/Delta out of Cardiff, via Amsterdam, but this time wanted to avoid Netherlands as that would be extra testing.

We are flying Virgin and Delta out of Heathrow for the next cruise. 

I look on Sky scanner to find suitable flightsrather than accept what they suggest. Another alternative we used when first cruising from Port Everglades was booking the Princess hotel and transfer in Miami..before we realised FLL suited us better. They were using Intercontinental Hotel in Doral at the time. Transfers worked well as they took us to the hotel and then the next day picked us up for transfer to port….more expensive than doing it yourself but no stress.

Good luck with Booking..would be interested to know how you get on.