Dec 13 Constellation B2B - East/West Caribbean (Holiday) Cruise

Ken the cruiser

12 minutes ago, kabmab said:

Appreciate any update you can provide on pax count for 1/3 sailing since we're trying to make decision on cancelling tomorrow.  We cruised on Apex during Delta out of Piraeus so well aware of all considerations.   Also dealing with ailing 🐶 which factors in.  Many tks!

I just contacted Customer Service and they said the current estimate is around 1200 passengers. For reference we had 1350 at the start of this cruise.

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just contacted Customer Service and they said the current estimate is around 1200 passengers. For reference we had 1350 at the start of this cruise.

Thank you so much Ken!  I think that number makes our decision easier.

24 minutes ago, kabmab said:

Appreciate any update you can provide on pax count for 1/3 sailing since we're trying to make decision on cancelling tomorrow.  We cruised on Apex during Delta out of Piraeus so well aware of all considerations.   Also dealing with ailing 🐶 which factors in.  Many tks!

1 minute ago, kabmab said:

Thank you so much Ken!  I think that number makes our decision easier.

We felt quite safe while we were on the cruise. But then we are antisocial, wear a mask in the elevators, sit at least 20 feet away from people in the main theater and Reflection Lounge, hang out on our balcony rather than at the pool, eat lunch in the Spa Cafe rather than the buffet, and eat in Blu at the most remotely located table they have, and will only go one excursion on this leg. 😂😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We felt quite safe while we were on the cruise. But then we are antisocial, wear a mask in the elevators, sit at least 20 feet away from people in the main theater and Reflection Lounge, hang out on our balcony rather than at the pool, eat lunch in the Spa Cafe rather than the buffet, and eat in Blu at the most remotely located table they have, and will only go one excursion on this leg. 😂😂

That sounds exactly like us, but i think we were spoiled by 400 pax on Apex in August with Delta less contagious.  Also possibility of losing the few ports (no snorkeling) and dog sitter dealing with our pooch's recent mobility issues makes it more of a no-brainer.  But it was for DH's birthday, and as a 30 yr Navy man he likes being at sea so it's a disappointment.  Tks again!!

• Like 1

Had a fun day today in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, on our only scheduled excursion on this leg of the cruise, the Caribbean Train, Boat and Bus Adventure which lasted a little over 4 hours.

It started, of course, on the bus with a drive through Puerto Limon on the way to the train.

3DA2FB4D-EC95-47E3-899F-7DE17AC74A9A.thumb.jpeg.53626825907bdb81dc9ff06fa1ac4f21.jpeg

Once we arrived at the two car, open window train, we all got onboard and there were plenty of places to sit. Along the way we stopped to watch a two toed sloth slowly munch on some leaves. The second picture is of the small river we will later be on during our boating portion of the excursion.

28E5D4E8-54E6-40AD-A42A-10F417463191.thumb.jpeg.6e3ed30184f0bac6076e34486776b8ea.jpeg

BBC4A362-7356-41C8-B0F0-239B894B7E48.thumb.jpeg.576029d0e1de348e72aa99ab5d89903e.jpeg

Then came our boat ride where we saw a variety of tropical birds, a small crocodile and a three toed sloth doing its weekly constitutional.

34571B23-2B3B-4528-A06E-9DDE3C13DA4B.thumb.jpeg.19b2112b09d085e898fdec1bf298a152.jpegF68EF713-0578-4CF2-A6A7-8F957A8952AA.thumb.jpeg.c21c5f8506edcb42a00369ca0cab5f37.jpeg6E025286-E2CB-445B-B15C-EB5EC58A1DD5.thumb.jpeg.da69054561c96d92798a81d8b3ee1872.jpegC7E0C954-3137-45AE-B5A3-5A7C28AC7D55.thumb.jpeg.7c7e5bb75096c169816753de41e302c2.jpeg

Then on the way back to the ship, we drove through a large banana orchard.

BA5B842D-51FA-4C90-81C1-2807A91808F4.thumb.jpeg.8aa1b4495ccae186839377eec726b036.jpeg

And now we’re back on the ship and heading towards Cozumel, but not before the Captain announced there may be up to 35 knot winds tonight along the way! Should be a fun ride!! 😎

6ACD7F36-A2C0-45E8-AB0B-C4053B6F41DD.thumb.jpeg.a2e73beb5b4daebdf34241e43a84e56b.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This evening during dinner, Captain Theo came on over the loud speaker and reported there have been no new C19 cases reported in the last two days. After talking with Customer Service an hour earlier there is a total of 3 passengers currently in the quarantine Red Zone section on the ship.

After dinner in Blu tonight, we headed to the main theater to watch The Company Men before we headed up to watch the 60 Seconds game show in the Reflection Lounge.

EBC986F3-E0A7-40F5-8379-9218F3ACD062.thumb.jpeg.243c176c6baedde23998dd981d5ccdc8.jpeg

As always, we had a lot of fun watching the four different challenges, Cup Stacking, Pickup Sticks, Nuts Stacking and Ping Pong Cup Catch, of which I posted pictures of two below.

C10BD315-4974-458C-9CA2-517BF3ACD26D.thumb.jpeg.0f02900c7e0a6aacb63c63fc521ed7b5.jpegE78451B3-7BE2-4FFD-9556-B46632AF8504.thumb.jpeg.ae84e05b96178b6e90a5cd7a0d071a7b.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SSAtlantic said:

I know you are dining in Blu, but any idea if they are spacing out in the MDR? We are a party of 3, so I know we won’t be at a close together 2 top at least. 
Thanks  and enjoy New Years Eve on board. 

My best suggestion would be for you to tell the maitre d’ where and how far away you would like to sit from others, but don’t expect a window table. I would also recommend you go as early as possible. But, no, I have not seen them, by default, putting folks at every other table. 

The wife/mother of 2 of the quarantined passengers said her husband and daughter were moved to balcony rooms yesterday; so that brightened their spirits. She’s still hoping they are released from quarantine soon after a negative test. 
Here on the pool deck they are setting up for the NYE party.  Should be a fun night! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to the afternoon matinee, Nerdy Noah, in the main theater. He performed a very funny and light-hearted juggling act which was very well received. Afterwards we headed up to the Reflections Lounge to engage in a couple of trivias, one regarding maps of the world with the other covering general knowledge.

067DC8FF-DF63-4D04-B38D-B0EF90F56746.thumb.jpeg.345a169654a8b2f7402126cf04d29901.jpeg

578C25B0-543A-4168-A73D-948DAE8B54BF.thumb.jpeg.1931cd996bcbe45a5f781226aefbd524.jpeg

Now it’s time to get ready for chic night and the NYE festivities to follow later on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisersLB said:

Thanks for your updates. We are scheduled to go on the 

January 14 cruise. Any idea how many will be on that cruise?

Happy New Year! 

Unfortunately, Customer Service can only give an estimate for the next leg. My suggestion is to ask someone once they’re on the next leg if they can find out for you. If no one is posting to a live thread, you can always ask the folks on the Jan 3 Roll Call, maybe half the way through the cruise, if someone would check for you.

While at dinner this evening, Captain Theo came over the loud speaker with some good news. He said this is the third day in a row with no new C19 cases. Yay!! As of today there are a total of only nine passengers and crew, only 3 of which actually tested positive, that are being quarantined in the Red Zone.

After our tasty dinner in Blu, it was off to watch the production show, Broadway Cabaret, in the main theater. However, since it’s NYE as well as a chic night, there is no game show in the Reflections Lounge. So it’s an early night for us back in the cabin as partying around the ship, even though it’s NYE, just isn’t our thing.

9BE3D4D7-4C32-4B3E-B137-D88A6CF345FD.thumb.jpeg.49615de1d46adafeec11b83458101114.jpeg

• Like 4

Happy new year to you, wishing you good health and thank you again for keeping us in the loop. We’re taking Celebrity Covid test in the am and hopefully we’re a go to fly to TPA Sunday for b2b. Please keep posting! 🎉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BCJO said:

Happy new year to you, wishing you good health and thank you again for keeping us in the loop. We’re taking Celebrity Covid test in the am and hopefully we’re a go to fly to TPA Sunday for b2b. Please keep posting! 🎉

Thanks! You are going to have such a great time on your B2B!!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

While at dinner this evening, Captain Theo came over the loud speaker with some good news. He said this is the third day in a row with no new C19 cases. Yay!! As of today there are a total of only nine passengers and crew, only 3 of which actually tested positive, that are being quarantined in the Red Zone.

I assume the other 6 are contact traces with negative results?  Sounds like the protocol has changed ... ouch ... Used to be the contact traces who tested negative quarantined in their own cabins until two days of negative tests, then masked for the remainder of the cruise.  

2 hours ago, canderson said:

I assume the other 6 are contact traces with negative results?  Sounds like the protocol has changed ... ouch ... Used to be the contact traces who tested negative quarantined in their own cabins until two days of negative tests, then masked for the remainder of the cruise.  

Or it could be that they are quarantining crew in that area.  I suspect that they have different rules for crew and guests.

6 hours ago, canderson said:

OK, I have gone to the mountain (Customer Service) who then confirmed with their higher powers the following which confirms what you are saying with regards to passengers tagged in the tracing process testing negative.

Day Zero - you test negative and are quarantined in your cabin.

24 hours later - you test negative again and remain quarantined in your cabin.

48 hours later - you test negative again and are released from quarantine with the understanding you will have to wear a mask for the remaining time on the cruise.

If a passenger tests positive, then they are immediately transferred to the quarantine area, more affectionately know now as The Red Zone.

Unfortunately, that’s not the same for the crew. If they get tagged in the tracing process and test negative, they remain quarantined “somewhere” for 5 days and “probably” tested daily.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, canderson said:

OK, I have gone to the mountain (Customer Service) who then confirmed with their higher powers the following which confirms what you are saying with regards to passengers tagged in the tracing process testing negative.

Day Zero - you test negative and are quarantined in your cabin.

24 hours later - you test negative again and remain quarantined in your cabin.

48 hours later - you test negative again and are released from quarantine with the understanding you will have to wear a mask for the remaining time on the cruise.

If a passenger tests positive, then they are immediately transferred to the quarantine area, more affectionately known now as The Red Zone.

Unfortunately, that’s not the same for the crew. If they get tagged in the tracing process and test negative, they remain quarantined “somewhere” for 5 days and “probably” tested daily.

Thanks for keeping me straight! 😎

• Thanks 1