Resevations for The Manhattan Room - Encore

Heyref

Reservations open 120 days out, but on some ships it isn’t possible to prebook at the moment.

I’m not sure where the Encore is at the moment, so that could be the reason.

Alternatively, it may be that all the prebook places have already been taken.

Whatever, you can do it onboard and unless you have a big group it is debatable whether it is required anyway.

1 hour ago, Heyref said:

When can passengers make dinner reservations for The Manhattan Room on Encore?

We are 30 days out, it it is not an option at this time.

Can it be done before boarding?

I haven't cruised on Norwegian for a few years now but I have never heared that it should be possible to book a table in one of the MDR before boarding. After boarding it's possible to book, or at least it was possible, if you are in the Haven but if not I'm not sure that you can do it.

2 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I haven't cruised on Norwegian for a few years now but I have never heared that it should be possible to book a table in one of the MDR before boarding. After boarding it's possible to book, or at least it was possible, if you are in the Haven but if not I'm not sure that you can do it.

You can book the MDRs in advance usually.

We made reservations in all of the main dining rooms before boarding pre-COVID, going back for at least 2 cruises.  But we are on the Encore this Sunday and the main dining rooms never opened up to pre-book.  So they must have made some changes.

7 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

4 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Reservations are not required for the MDR on NCL ships.  I may be wrong, but I don't think the reservations system is even set up to accept MDR reservations.  The usual practice is simply to go to the restaurant and take the next available table.

Normally, NCL allows you to make reservations for the MDR. During pre-pandemic times, that was good if you wanted to dine at prime time and not want to wait for a table [too long]. 

1 hour ago, tinygrashopa said:

I cruised Thanksgiving week and never needed a reservation for the MDR’s (this included Thanksgiving dinner). You might need them for a large party.  With our cruise only being 36% of capacity we didn’t need reservations for anything.  

This.  We ate a couple of times in the Manhattan Room on both the Encore and Bliss (Thanksgiving week) and it was barely 1/3 full, if that.  It was just walk up and walk in.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, melodyesch said:

We made reservations in all of the main dining rooms before boarding pre-COVID, going back for at least 2 cruises.  But we are on the Encore this Sunday and the main dining rooms never opened up to pre-book.  So they must have made some changes.

Would love you to post about your Encore experience. 

Hope you have a great time!

• 4 weeks later...

I know this thread is a few weeks old but it's the only recent Manhattan Room thread I found here.  Does anyone know what time the performances in the Manhattan Room start, on Bliss?  I'm guessing they're roughly the same time, every night.  The check-in system DOES allow us to reserve a time, so I'd like to choose a time that includes the show.

I realize it may not be challenging while cruises are still reduced capacity, but years ago we were never able to get good seats during showtime, so I'd like to get it right, on this next cruise.

1 hour ago, styxfire said:

I know this thread is a few weeks old but it's the only recent Manhattan Room thread I found here.  Does anyone know what time the performances in the Manhattan Room start, on Bliss?  I'm guessing they're roughly the same time, every night.  The check-in system DOES allow us to reserve a time, so I'd like to choose a time that includes the show.

I realize it may not be challenging while cruises are still reduced capacity, but years ago we were never able to get good seats during showtime, so I'd like to get it right, on this next cruise.

There aren't any performances on the Bliss in the Manhattan Room. Those are only on the Away ships where Burn the Floor is in the theater.  Sorry.

• Thanks 1

BUMMER!  For what it's worth, only a few time slots remained for the Manhattan Room (for the evening I was seeking).  This despite the cruise probably sailing at only fractional occupancy.  

Thankyou debenson for the information.