Loyal to Royal Cruiser Tries MSC Meraviglia

tx121

20 hours ago, tx121 said:

Here is a buyer beware about the specialty restaurant package on MSC compared to other cruise lines

I did not care for the restricted menu.  I am not going to pay more for what they consider to be an upscale entree. 

8 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We didn't really mind the multiple languages for the announcements

Nor did I.  Sitting with a couple from Russia during a CC M&G was an interesting cultural experience for me.

10 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

The ceiling in the promenade is spectacular.

Oh, how much I agree!  

18 hours ago, tx121 said:

The production shows were good. Don't expect any of the special effects and wow factor that is on Royal Caribbean production shows. However, I really enjoyed the Opera/ Italian variety show (Sorry I forgot the name of the show). The singers had fantastic voices and it felt like I was transported to Italy and enjoying a show there

Compared to the two entertainment main theater experiences that preceded and followed my Meraviglia cruise on Volendam and Eurodam, these shows were excellent.  The opera performance was excellent and, I agree, the male and female performers had opera quality voices.  Sheer delight!  

17 hours ago, tx121 said:

Ocean Cay is a great beach day.

Ocean Cay has the potential to make some of the other cruise lines' private islands seem "quaint".  

18 hours ago, tx121 said:

Happy Holidays Everyone! Hope you enjoy your future cruises!

Thanks most sincerely for your posts and pictures!  And, Happy Holidays to you as well!  

• Like 5

Thanks for the review and beautiful photos. We will be on the Meraviglia this time next week for the 8-day cruise over Christmas!!! We've been on the Divina (last time in October this year) but this will be our first time on the Mera. Was it decorated for Christmas? We are still waiting for our cabin assignments since the two side-by-side cabins we booked have been changed to guarantee. Hope we get a good location and the cabins are still together. When we were on the Divina in October there were less than 900 passengers but we're wondering if the holiday cruises will have much higher capacity. The crew were fantastic and it was nice having plenty of extra space at the pool, etc. I agree that Ocean Cay is beautiful and we are hoping for some warm, sunny days when we are there. Merry Christmas to all!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40yearcruiser said:

Thanks for the review and beautiful photos. We will be on the Meraviglia this time next week for the 8-day cruise over Christmas!!! We've been on the Divina (last time in October this year) but this will be our first time on the Mera. Was it decorated for Christmas? We are still waiting for our cabin assignments since the two side-by-side cabins we booked have been changed to guarantee. Hope we get a good location and the cabins are still together. When we were on the Divina in October there were less than 900 passengers but we're wondering if the holiday cruises will have much higher capacity. The crew were fantastic and it was nice having plenty of extra space at the pool, etc. I agree that Ocean Cay is beautiful and we are hoping for some warm, sunny days when we are there. Merry Christmas to all!

You're welcome! Yes they started to decorate the Meraviglia for Christmas during our cruise. I think they will add even more by the time your cruise comes around. When I talked to some of the crew, they said the holiday and new years cruise will be busier and have about 2500 people / 50% capacity. Hope you guys have a great cruise and a Merry Christmas!