P & O Terms and Conditions

bobstheboy

55 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That's a bit unfair Bob, some us might be more willing to to take the risks that concern you, but we will also be very interested in whatever (if ever) changes to terms that P&O propose.

We are keeping a watch on this. If some folk cancel their cruises for early next year, there may be some cheapies around.

• Like 1

We are due to go Friday.  I emailed Claire at Head Office this morning, (she was my contact after emailing HO with my concerns on the recommendation of Megabear ) expressing my concerns and asking if I could transfer booking.  It was a very clear no! I had read on another social media site of many people on the same cruise had been chatting about moving this exact cruise. I rang my TA and was told, that Yes P&O were allowing the rebooking of this cruise, but it had to be a rebook and not a FCC.  We have decided to stick with original as we cannot get any availability for when we need so over a bit of a barrel really!  I do think it is a bit sneaky of P&O not to announce this when there are clearly a lot of people feeling very jittery at the moment, and you would think those at the top would be in the know.

13 minutes ago, PEMCO007 said:

We are due to go Friday.  I emailed Claire at Head Office this morning, (she was my contact after emailing HO with my concerns on the recommendation of Megabear ) expressing my concerns and asking if I could transfer booking.  It was a very clear no! I had read on another social media site of many people on the same cruise had been chatting about moving this exact cruise. I rang my TA and was told, that Yes P&O were allowing the rebooking of this cruise, but it had to be a rebook and not a FCC.  We have decided to stick with original as we cannot get any availability for when we need so over a bit of a barrel really!  I do think it is a bit sneaky of P&O not to announce this when there are clearly a lot of people feeling very jittery at the moment, and you would think those at the top would be in the know.

Nothing surprises me with this company. They are trying to survive, that much I understand  but retaining long established customers the way they are treating them maybe an issue. I wouldn't  be surprised if matters overtake them.

I think this cruise is going to be fairly empty.  I had a call yesterday from flights stating that Premier seats were available to purchase, we weren't even on a waiting list!  I've had several conversations about this cruise (which I'm sailing on too) and so far there are no indications of any itinerary changes or protocols changing.  We have had problems with our cruise personaliser in as much as we "lost" all our reservations if I'm the one logged in but can see them if its my OH.  We had our PCR tests completed today and now awaiting results.  All being well we shall be on our way Friday with written confirmation of insurance cover from Allianz and an email from P&O ss backup.  Nothing much more to do except enjoy ourselves.

8 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Nothing surprises me with this company. They are trying to survive, that much I understand  but retaining long established customers the way they are treating them maybe an issue. I wouldn't  be surprised if matters overtake them.

It is very interesting to read the difference in opinion on these boards to that on the Cunard one.  Same overall owners with the nice new shiney CEO but the upbeat attitude and thrill of the people on the other board is remarkably different.  The updates on the Cunard website are further out of date than P&O's with the only difference being the 30 day final payment date.  Is it possible such a simple change makes for happier people or could it be that a large number of posters over there are from the US and Canada and possibly don't have a diatribe of how awful it is going to be from the press and social media to pull their mood down?

Even if the 30 day payment option had been available to us the Christmas cruises would still have been paid for before Omicron reared its ugly head with extra testing and entry requirements. I'm not quite sure what could honestly be expected at this very late stage unless it is throwing in the towel and cancelling all cruises? 

Incidentally, as an aside, I did ask yesterday if an announcement was due this week and my contact said they were not aware of anything imminent. 

2 hours ago, PEMCO007 said:

Must it be a cruise taken in 2022, or once a 2022 cruise is booked maybe they will allow you to move it again to something that suits your timing in 2023. They are after all allowing people to move as many times as they like?

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Must it be a cruise taken in 2022, or once a 2022 cruise is booked maybe they will allow you to move it again to something that suits your timing in 2023. They are after all allowing people to move as many times as they like?

Have been told it can be anything that is on sale.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:08 AM, terrierjohn said:

You have your get out then, if you dont want to cruise just now.

Yes, I spoke to them today and was told that you can move your cruise to any cruise currently being sold even if you have paid your balance. I was told that this option is available from 5th Dec until the end of January for anyone who has paid their balance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

So PandO are still only going outside their published T&C''s to those in the know ?

I was told that this is not a change to T and C's but some additional help to those who don't feel comfortable travelling at this time. I think if they change the T&C''s they may get a flood of people wanting to change. and that they are happier handling it on a request basis

5 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I was told that this is not a change to T and C's but some additional help to those who don't feel comfortable travelling at this time. I think if they change the T&C''s they may get a flood of people wanting to change. and that they are happier handling it on a request basis

And if P&O cancel they have to offer a full refund if requested which they don't want to do.

How near the sail date can you get this exclusive secret cruise move?

this is a disgrace by P&O - i was flatly refused the option to move to another cruise.  I was even prepared to pay an extra £1k for the privalige.  This is discrimination and is very wrong!!!!  i tried to cancel on the monday for a holiday going on the friday

Edited by Castle25
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Castle25 said:

this is a disgrace by P&O - i was flatly refused the option to move to another cruise.  I was even prepared to pay an extra £1k for the privalige.  This is discrimination and is very wrong!!!!  i tried to cancel on the monday for a holiday going on the friday

The CEO needs to be quizzed soonest on this apparent shambles

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Castle25 said:

I would try again and quote that you have proof that that they have been allowing people to change, you may get lucky.

1 hour ago, NoFlyGuy said:

I moved our January 3rd 35 night Caribbean cruise this morning. Booked one new cruise for next October the rest will be FCC. No problems at all.

We were booked on this one but moved it before balance was due, it will be interesting to see if it actually goes or if it does how full it is.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Castle25 said:

Things changing on a daily basis right now

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Still silence from PandO and Molecrohip hasn't commented since Sunday.  I know things are changing swiftly but even if they announced they would look at requests from customers on an individual basis, it would be better than nothing.

How long cruise lines can continue with current passenger numbers as low as they are must be open to question.  A FO cruise recently sailed with 650 crew and only 500 passengers and Britannia's xmas cruise is rumoured to only have 750 passengers, those probably do not even cover the direct costs, never mind contributing to overheads.

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

How long cruise lines can continue with current passenger numbers as low as they are must be open to question.  A FO cruise recently sailed with 650 crew and only 500 passengers and Britannia's xmas cruise is rumoured to only have 750 passengers, those probably do not even cover the direct costs, never mind contributing to overheads.

It is awful for cruise lines and other travel companies. I personally don't believe it does their reputation any good by operating a secret policy, there are many who don't use social media and have no idea of the new way they are doing business.

Of course, this is if they survive the next few weeks, months.

32 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

It is awful for cruise lines and other travel companies. I personally don't believe it does their reputation any good by operating a secret policy, there are many who don't use social media and have no idea of the new way they are doing business.

Of course, this is if they survive the next few weeks, months.

Impossible situation to manage

No hospitality or holiday business can plan anything on more than a daily basis right now

Easy to criticise. But there aren't actually any easy answers to this for anyone I'm afraid

If they were open and honest about everything the fact is they would lose even more money

All they can do right now is fight fires

Either that or just give up altogether

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

I contacted PO via social media messenger and asked if I could transfer the balance paid on my Feb 22 cruise to my Jan 23 cruise. They said to phone and they would arrange transfer of monies. Waited 40 mins only to be told because the cruises had been bought through two different TA's it couldn't be done., because It was two different contracts. They would have let me buy another cruise with the balance but I have a further two booked so declined. I am now going to wait and see what happens.

• Thanks 1