P & O Terms and Conditions

bobstheboy

45 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Come on P& O,  we need updated info, not the situation at the moment when some are being treated differently to others, and I know I am not talking directly to the company, but they do get passengers concerns through at least one person on here.

I agree, as it stands currently we run the risk of paying up our balance and the being refused the option to move the cruise later, which is the option that others seem to have been allowed to do. We need clarity by amending the rules for all (or none !). With 5 cruises booked I would like to think we would be allowed to move a cruise but who knows ! I would like clarification as I have a balance to pay on Friday.

12 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I agree, as it stands currently we run the risk of paying up our balance and the being refused the option to move the cruise later, which is the option that others seem to have been allowed to do. We need clarity by amending the rules for all (or none !). With 5 cruises booked I would like to think we would be allowed to move a cruise but who knows ! I would like clarification as I have a balance to pay on Friday.

As I mentioned on another thread,  we have just paid the balance for our March cruise. There is so much that can change on a weekly basis that it is impossible to second guess what might happen.

We have no wish to change our cruise, so see no need for any clarification.

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As I mentioned on another thread,  we have just paid the balance for our March cruise. There is so much that can change on a weekly basis that it is impossible to second guess what might happen.

You might not, I and many others do. Just move on if your not bothered.

• Like 9

As P&O have a habit of issuing updates on a Tuesday at 10am , I was thinking that we’d hear something today.

It we don’t hear anything soon, I’m going to have to make an assumption - that they don’t want to make a general announcement about moving cruises up to 48 hours before sailing, in case they are inundated with requests. Given the situation, I think a lot of people would jump at the chance not to sail at this uncertain time. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

As P&O have a habit of issuing updates on a Tuesday at 10am , I was thinking that we’d hear something today.

It we don’t hear anything soon, I’m going to have to make an assumption - that they don’t want to make a general announcement about moving cruises up to 48 hours before sailing, in case they are inundated with requests. Given the situation, I think a lot of people would jump at the chance not to sail at this uncertain time. 

Molecrochip stated he expected a statement today, he is in the know, so I am expecting an announcement imminently.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I too feel that P&O does not want to commit to opening the floodgates to a stampede and others have cynically observed once you make the final payment they have your money. Any departing from the T&C's will be on a case by case basis, do we know the circumstances of them that say they have been allowed to change, I.e cruising with children to ports that have recently restricted the entry of children?

6 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

I too feel that P&O does not want to commit to opening the floodgates to a stampede and others have cynically observed once you make the final payment they have your money. Any departing from the T&C's will be on a case by case basis, do we know the circumstances of them that say they have been allowed to change, I.e cruising with children to ports that have recently restricted the entry of children?

The two people I spoke to were with partners, no children.  Any changes should be available to all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

We have 3 cruises booked for next year and plan to pay the balances as they become due. If after that they are cancelled, P&O will sort things out. We don't require clarification either, nor will I welcome a nasty retort.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have 3 cruises booked for next year and plan to pay the balances as they become due. If after that they are cancelled, P&O will sort things out. We don't require clarification either, nor will I welcome a nasty retort.🤣

Well said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Like wowzz we have already paid for our first 2022 cruise, the Canaries on Iona in Feb and, unless there is a significant change we will follow the same path for the other two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Like wowzz we have already paid for our first 2022 cruise, the Canaries on Iona in Feb and, unless there is a significant change we will follow the same path for the other two.

We have a Celebrity in July, RCI in August and Iona in October. When we booked them we were happy with the conditions, Itinerary and price. When it becomes time to pay the balance we will review the offering and either cancel, amend or pay up. The cruise companies will play fair as the have in the past.

20 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have a Celebrity in July, RCI in August and Iona in October. When we booked them we were happy with the conditions, Itinerary and price. When it becomes time to pay the balance we will review the offering and either cancel, amend or pay up. The cruise companies will play fair as the have in the past.

Which is what we will do with our Princess and Saga cruises later next year as well.

As adults, we can make our own decisions based on the information available at the time. Government edicts (both British and continental) are constantly changing,  and expecting 100% clarity now on the possible situation in three months time is unrealistic. 

If anyone is unhappy about the information they have at present,  cancel the  cruise, because there certainly will not be any more information today, despite Bob saying an announcement was imminent.

Edited by wowzz

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Which is what we will do with our Princess and Saga cruises later next year as well.

As adults, we can make our own decisions based on the information available at the time. Government edicts (both British and continental) are constantly changing,  and expecting 100% clarity now on the possible situation in three months time is unrealistic. 

If anyone is unhappy about the information they have at present,  cancel the  cruise, because there certainly will not be any more information today, despite Bob saying an announcement was imminent.

I had expected an imminent update, making that assumption as a result of Molecrochip's post on Sunday, obviously not happening yet.

Anyone happy with the current situation, where it is pot luck with P&O policy,  just move on from this thread, although some here like to shout down others.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We have 2 weeks booked in Lanza with BA at the end of March. When we booked it the flight was from Gatwick. BA then cancelled Gatwick and rescheduled from Heathrow. They asked is that ok ?. Then changed the flight to via Madrid with a 2 hour stop over. Ok with us. Now direct again, that's fine too. Now they are starting from Gatwick again. That will be fine. Difficult times for the travel industry. They, along with cruise companies are doing their best. If folk want every thing to be as it said on the tin a few months in advance, that probably won't happen. Perhaps best for them to book at the last minute. That will bring different problems, so perhaps don't book at all. 2024 may be better.

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have 2 weeks booked in Lanza with BA at the end of March. When we booked it the flight was from Gatwick. BA then cancelled Gatwick and rescheduled from Heathrow. They asked is that ok ?. Then changed the flight to via Madrid with a 2 hour stop over. Ok with us. Now direct again, that's fine too. Now they are starting from Gatwick again. That will be fine. Difficult times for the travel industry. They, along with cruise companies are doing their best. If folk want every thing to be as it said on the tin a few months in advance, that probably won't happen. Perhaps best for them to book at the last minute. That will bring different problems, so perhaps don't book at all. 2024 may be better.

Zap - I assume you will be flying on the new BA budget airline out of Gatwick ?

We are flying into Barcelona and out of Athens with BA, from LHR in May/ June. Booked club class using Avios - will be unhappy if the flights are changed, but it would not be the end of the world if timings remain the same.

Just now, wowzz said:

Zap - I assume you will be flying on the new BA budget airline out of Gatwick ?

We are flying into Barcelona and out of Athens with BA, from LHR in May/ June. Booked club class using Avios - will be unhappy if the flights are changed, but it would not be the end of the world if timings remain the same.

Currently we are flying club from Heathrow. If they fly from Gatwick and don't have club, they will no doubt give me a voucher. As you say, not the end of the world. The Avios account is quite healthy, but we paid for this one with a voucher from our cancelled Vancouver flights. We have used our TUI vouchers and all the others. The BA one was the last voucher.........I think.🤔

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Currently we are flying club from Heathrow. If they fly from Gatwick and don't have club, they will no doubt give me a voucher. As you say, not the end of the world. The Avios account is quite healthy, but we paid for this one with a voucher from our cancelled Vancouver flights. We have used our TUI vouchers and all the others. The BA one was the last voucher.........I think.🤔

The new Gatwick service will be one class, so no club. I guess you could  request extra legroom seats.

Edited by wowzz

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The new Gatwick service will be one class, so no club. I guess you could  request extra legroom seats.

A few options, but we would be prepared to suffer the flight, but if they are still going from Heathrow ?. Like the cruises, we will see ,but remain flexible. Getting back to terms and conditions we have found holiday companies , cruise companies and airlines to play with a fairly straight bat, but we all need to have a plan B,C,D etc.

There are changes which are acceptable and then there are those where companies are basically having a laugh.  We have a friend booked for a ski trip leaving 20 December. They waited on lockdown in Austria, we moved ours. Austrian lockdown ended Monday but no bars, apres ski and all restaurants close at 11.00pm with social distancing and booking of tables only. Lots of severe restrictions locally.

Doesn't sound a huge problem they thought, we have half board. Next notification on Monday lunchtime - your hotel has closed its restaurant due to restrictions. Sorry for the inconvenience, have £25 by way of compensation.  As these are material changes you can move your holiday but have to do it in 24 hours by telephone. Small problem here - we are back to home working so less availability and its everyone travelling over the Christmas period that's calling in.  Here we are close of business Tuesday still unable to get through.  

When confronted with these events you can understand why people on here are getting angry and anxious and their fears are genuine. Not everyone can just shrug their shoulders as they have other commitments for their time.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Of course it is, I'm not expecting that. What I expect from P&O is clarity on how they plan to manage cruises to Spain for all, not just a few who have been offered it, if there is a reason for offering it to some thenit should be in the current rules for all.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Of course it is, I'm not expecting that. What I expect from P&O is clarity on how they plan to manage cruises to Spain for all, not just a few who have been offered it, if there is a reason for offering it to some thenit should be in the current rules for all.

Totally agree, others couldn't  less, which is fine, except they keep chipping in. Just walk away from this thread

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobstheboy said:

Totally agree, others couldn't  less, which is fine, except they keep chipping in. Just walk away from this thread

That's a bit unfair Bob, some us might be more willing to to take the risks that concern you, but we will also be very interested in whatever (if ever) changes to terms that P&O propose.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

That's a bit unfair Bob, some us might be more willing to to take the risks that concern you, but we will also be very interested in whatever (if ever) changes to terms that P&O propose.

You might be, others have clearly stated they are not concerned, they're the posters my post was addressed to, so my comment was justified.