Westerdam Carnival Itinerary What Are They Think!

patval

Good Morning!

I think my point is lost in the mist of all the talk about my OP. My point was why is Hal using a new ship to do 3 and 4 day sailing because I found it odd.

I again apologize for my opinion but it is my own and not anyone elses!:eek:

I find nothing odd about this. Using a new ship for a handfull of short cruises during the holiday season has happened before and will happen again. Hal does not keep all ships on the same schedule they have been doing all year. During the holiday season things change.

Bram - I think we cruised together. I was on the most recent Oosterdam repo too. Vancouver down to San Diego, pea soup fog all the way but glorious just the same. The fog was so thick that from the top deck you couldn't see the *water*. We had a medical emergency on board and the helicopter couldn't see us clearly enough to take the injured party. A cutter had to come out and get along side us somewhere around Humboldt.

I *love* my repos, short, sweet and just what the doctor ordered. Any vacation that includes tea at the Empress is good in my book. :)

Cheers,

Friday

We normally don't like short cruises. Seven days just doesn't seem to be enough for us any more. However, we're taking our second 4-day coastal in April. The reason is because it's less than an hour flight over to San Diego to board the ship, and we never leave our own time zone. It makes for a great quickie cruising fix. It would not make sense for me to fly cross-country to FLL or MIA just to do a short cruise. But in our case/location, it's a great opportunity.

Archived