Does this current 30% off sale include upgrade to the Premium drink package?

chamima

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

@Denny01 Ah, I hadn't considered price savings from group bookings. So many of the other posts on this topic were about how OBC represented a "savings" over direct rates with X that I thought you might have booked a  B2B2B in a penthouse suite!  Thanks for the clarification!

You seem to be like me and like to do most (if not all) the research yourself. In that scenario, even using the big box (starts with a C)'s TA will net you a cash card worth approx. 8% of pre-tax total for X cruises. They also have group bookings on some itineraries but the only catch is you need to ask as not all their reps are knowledgeable about them. Their group booking rate on our Alaska cruise was a little more than $1000 USD less (Concierge cabin, not a suite) and we'll get cash card worth the equiv of $230USD afterwards plus an added 2% back for being an Exec member. I've tried using a few of "regular" TAs up here in Canada including one that supposedly specializes in cruises. None of them have offered anything near the value, and I've had do do as much handholding with them.

Edited by cdn_tbird
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back to the original question - Is there any additional savings on upgrading from Classic to Premium with this current sale.

I just finally got through to Celebrity on the phone.

There seemed to be a 5% discount which disappeared when I mentioned we were Elite+.

I got my normal 10% pre-cruise discount on the upgrade.

So I guess the answer is ...... sometimes.

• Like 2