Back from the Vision

Janice M

We were on the Vision for the week of Feb. 12. We did miss the port of Puerto Vallarta and were compensated for it. We were happy to see Captain George and John and Katrina Blair back after their vacations. John is one of the best cruise directors. One night John did a hypnosis demonstration and it was fun. His staff also does a good job. We were on this ship for the Alaska repo so some of the production shows were the same but I still enjoyed them. We thought the food was great. Breakfast was pretty much the same in the Windjammer, but I always found something different to try every day. And the deserts are always yummy. One of our table mates had 3 deserts every night. The seas were very calm. I actually like it rough. We did come across some fog. The sun sets at Cabo and Mazatalan were beautiful. The only downer was the week flew by to fast. We did arrive back at San Pedro on time.

Jan

We will be sailing on Vision on March 12, and we are really excited about it. Do you know if the problem the ship was having got fixed? This is our first cruise, and we would be disappointed if we missed a port. Thanks for the update, and I'm so glad you had a nice time.

Yes the Vision is repaired. We spoke with Captain George. He told us the ship would be repaired by Monday (Feb.20) and leave port one day late. The Vision is a beautiful ship and a great one for a first cruise. You will love it. Hope you get addicted like we did.

Jan

For going through customs we were among the first. We had an 8:30 LA tour so we were among the first. We also are crown and anchor platinum.

The tour we did at Cabo was the city tour. It was informative. I liked the cactus garden. For Mazatalan we did the villages tour. It was an eye opener. We saw how hard the people work and how poor they are. But they are very happy. Saw how they make bricks. Everything is done by hand. Saw a bakery and got a sample sweet roll. It was pretty rustic. At a wood working factory which was outside the worker on a lathe had no eye or ear protection. Did the LA tour and that was fun. I have a better impression of LA now. We stopped and saw the movie star hand and footprints. The temps were a little cooler at sea. Mazatalan and Cabo were hot.

Jan

We had Captain George while on the Vision this past September on the southbound Alaska. By far the BEST Captain we have ever had. He even spotted a group of Orcas & stopped the ship for over an hour just to let everyone watch them play. He went out of his way to spot wildlife & give everyone the chance to enjoy!!! And yes, his talk about the ship should not be missed.

Have Fun!

Wendy

We are looking at going on the Vision, I am wondering if you saw any whales on your cruise?

What were your temperatures like?

What excursions did you do?

Thanks for any information that you can give.

I hope I am not bothering anyone by also answering this post. We returned from the Vision on Feb 12 and had a blast!

We saw a handful of whales, all spotted by my husband. He was always on the lookout. I do believe that Capt. George came the intercom once to tell us about some whales, but we didn't make it out in time. Most of the whales were closer to Cabo.

The temperature on Sun night/ Monday were in the 60's. A little cool for me at the pool. I wore a jacket. Tuesday-Friday were probably in the 70's-80's, nice pool weather, Saturday was cool again. I wore a sweatshirt but there was people in the swimming suits at the pool. PV was probably the warmest.

We didn't do any excursion in Cabo, but wished that we would have. In Maz. we booked Randi's Happy Horses on our own (not through the ship) and loved it! In PV. we booked the Los Veranos Canopy on our own and it was great too!

Enjoy!

Kalishea

Jnaice,

No, we weren't on the repositioning. Just the last Southbound which starts in Seward & finishes in Vancouver. I think the repositioning does the inside passage, but not as far north as Seward & then south. Regardless, the Vision is a wonderful ship with the best Captain (George) we have ever sailed with & Alaska is a cruise that everyone should do!

Wendy

Kalishea,

Thanks for the information, we have a group that met on the Brilliance and cruised together again on the Brilliance in January. We will spilt up in Jan of 07 to different ships, but are trying to book a cruise in 2008 for a reunion. We are looking at trying to book the Mexican Rivera. I am trying gather information when it will still have whales, but be a little warmer.

Thanks for your post.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Happy to hear all about Vision. Booked a repositioning cruise from Vancouver-Alaska, San Fran, to LA in September. Last cruise was almost a year ago on AOS and I can't wait for this next cruise. While on AOS we had internet in the room. We have booked a Grand Suite on Vision and wanted to know if anyone knows if the have internet in the rooms or only in designated areas.

I call RCI and they said no, read on another thread yes. Now I am a bit confused. When you call RCI you don't always get the same answer. Thought maybe while in Drydock in January they might have added it.

Any help with this question would be appreciated.

am wondering why, thx, and how were you compensated? thx beatrice

Problem with one of the engines, everyone knew ahead of time, we were all called on the telephone by an RCCL rep.

Ship only traveled at top speed of 17 knots, when it usually goes at 22 knots.

Everyone was given aleast $100 per person onboard credit, JS and higher category cabins got $150 each.

Jimbo:)

We have booked a Grand Suite on Vision and wanted to know if anyone knows if the have internet in the rooms or only in designated areas.

I call RCI and they said no, read on another thread yes. Now I am a bit confused. When you call RCI you don't always get the same answer. Thought maybe while in Drydock in January they might have added it.

Any help with this question would be appreciated.

Officially, wi-fi is only available in certain public rooms (Viking Crown, Solarium, Centrum, Conference rooms, Some Enchanted Evening, Schooner Bar, & Showboat Lounge). However, many people are able to use it in their cabins because it spills over. If your cabin is near one of the official spots, you've got a good shot.

-Y

cecoady

I don't know about internet in the grand suite, but our room did not have it. It does have internet access on deck 7. Before the Riviera cruise we did the Alaska repo in Sept. One of my greatest cruising thrills was going under the Golden Gate Bridge. Captain George blasted the ship's horn. In San Francisco we did the Muir Woods excursion and enjoyed it very much. Enjoy your cruise.

Jan

Archived