Spa prices

sad549s

On 12/15/2021 at 7:29 PM, BennyBrun said:

I found that the embarkation day is the lowest and the last sea day is the highest on the Mardi Gras.

I have taken over 40 Carnival cruises and usually would always book a massage.  I am over it...I am tired of someone trying to upsell me before, during and after.  My last cruise was in Nov. for my 60th birthday and the girl tried her damnest to sell me on anything she could.  I told her I have used some Elemis products since my first cruise in1995.  She told me my skin was dry (it's winter in ND) yes, it gets dry.  Then she tried selling me a product to bathe in, after I told her I wasn't interested, she went on to tell me how I might be interested in a collagen facial for my "deep lines and wrinkles" I told her I don't have any deep lines and if I have a wrinkle, I earned it...seriously all through the hallway of the spa.  I made a call to the spa and was refunded.  It was a terrible experience and no more!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a 90 minute massage on a port day - $179 before gratuities were added (automatically).

BTW, every time I tried to use the hub app to see what prices were or make an appointment, it told me there were no services available.  I figure folks were using all that OBC and they were booked.

I walked by the spa on my way to the stairs and some of the therapists were outside so I asked if there were any port day specials and she booked me the following morning (not much variety in availability).

9 hours ago, cruisinthemed said:

I have taken over 40 Carnival cruises and usually would always book a massage.  I am over it...I am tired of someone trying to upsell me before, during and after.  My last cruise was in Nov. for my 60th birthday and the girl tried her damnest to sell me on anything she could.  I told her I have used some Elemis products since my first cruise in1995.  She told me my skin was dry (it's winter in ND) yes, it gets dry.  Then she tried selling me a product to bathe in, after I told her I wasn't interested, she went on to tell me how I might be interested in a collagen facial for my "deep lines and wrinkles" I told her I don't have any deep lines and if I have a wrinkle, I earned it...seriously all through the hallway of the spa.  I made a call to the spa and was refunded.  It was a terrible experience and no more!    

This! I hate the up selling! If I feel relaxed after the massage, I am stressed again by the time I leave because the therapist keeps trying to sell me stuff! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, staceyglow said:

This! I hate the up selling! If I feel relaxed after the massage, I am stressed again by the time I leave because the therapist keeps trying to sell me stuff! 

As soon as they start trying to sell me something, I straight up tell them I'm not interested and am only here for the massage/facial/whatever. I'm an introvert, so being forward and blunt isn't my usual style, but in this case it pays off.

I have no idea how much of their compensation comes from grat vs product sales vs bookings... but I've been on 3 cruises since the restart (another one this Thursday) and felt they were over the top in each of the treatments I received. No seeming concern for the actual treatment in question compared to the close.

3 hours ago, Brkintx said:

I have no idea how much of their compensation comes from grat vs product sales vs bookings... but I've been on 3 cruises since the restart (another one this Thursday) and felt they were over the top in each of the treatments I received. No seeming concern for the actual treatment in question compared to the close.

Not to mention if you have to pass by the spa for some other reason (like to get to the Serenity Deck) they always have at least one person by the elevators trying to talk you into getting a treatment.