Royal Genie Alexa Garduno

Dustinpm

Well we are coming up to our January 16th, 2022.  This is our first ever star class and with it our first genie. We are on Harmony of the Seas.

Has anyone had Alexa before?  If so anything you can tell us about her?

Any general tips on what we should do???  We have no idea how it all works or what kind of trouble we can get up to lol.

We are surprising the kids with this cruise on Christmas (11 year old daughter, 15 year old daughter, 17 year old son) and we are taking my parents.  Right now we are giving out clues every night as they figure out puzzles/trivia/channels/etc....

Appreciate any tips on either how to get the most out of our star class this trip, or any tips about Alexa!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/15/2021 at 10:04 PM, Dustinpm said:

Well we are coming up to our January 16th, 2022.  This is our first ever star class and with it our first genie. We are on Harmony of the Seas.

Has anyone had Alexa before?  If so anything you can tell us about her?

Any general tips on what we should do???  We have no idea how it all works or what kind of trouble we can get up to lol.

We are surprising the kids with this cruise on Christmas (11 year old daughter, 15 year old daughter, 17 year old son) and we are taking my parents.  Right now we are giving out clues every night as they figure out puzzles/trivia/channels/etc....

Appreciate any tips on either how to get the most out of our star class this trip, or any tips about Alexa!

Thanks!

How was Alexa?? We have her in April 

Since Star class includes gratuities, I am just curious how much you would tip extra to the genie? The family and I never took star class (only sky), and even though we won't use a lot of the benefits (don't drink, don't mind the MDR/Costal, etc), I wouldn't mind trying it at least once.

I thought the Genie was not included in the gratuities. So people do tip the Genie at least $200 for the week or more, depending on how much he or she did for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PSU said:

I thought the Genie was not included in the gratuities. So people do tip the Genie at least $200 for the week or more, depending on how much he or she did for you.

13 minutes ago, cindyscruise said:

Genie is not included in the gratuities.  

Its not, but I wanted to know how much would people would tip in general.

@Smooth_J When we book Star Class, it is usually just me and my wife.  Of course tipping is highly subjective, however my baseline is $100 per day (total) for the both of us.  Then depending on the service and the amount of requests we make, that number could be adjusted.

I have noticed Star Class suites have jumped pretty substantially recently. My fear is that some, or a majority of people, are going to cut back or eliminate tips for Genies completely.  Which could in turn affect the level of service that the Genies provide.  I know that "should" not happen, however we are all human and sometimes that could subliminally happen.

Edited by TheBucketLister

On 3/17/2023 at 1:52 PM, Smooth_J said:

Its not, but I wanted to know how much would people would tip in general.

We always give the Genie $100.00 per person, minimum, if we are at least 4 people in the suite.  If only the two of us, a minimum of $400.00 anyway, but we haven't cruised Star Class with less than 4 people in the suite, yet.  

Guys, don't you understand that the Genie is part of the Star Class product. I understand that tipping seems to be a big deal and some like to brag on how much they tip but for using the services of the genie to tip USD 100 a day, wow not bad

3 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Guys, don't you understand that the Genie is part of the Star Class product. I understand that tipping seems to be a big deal and some like to brag on how much they tip but for using the services of the genie to tip USD 100 a day, wow not bad

Hey can we get back on topic here? Lol. This thread died a year ago and I resurrected it regarding Alexa the genie. Looking for the folks who started this thread to respond 🙂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mikejd1 said:

Hey can we get back on topic here? Lol. This thread died a year ago and I resurrected it regarding Alexa the genie. Looking for the folks who started this thread to respond 🙂

@Mikejd1 I think you have a better chance in messaging them through their profile.  They have not been active for 2 months.  Also if they are not following the topic or pay attention to their notifications, they may not ever know to respond to you in this thread.  At least when you send a message, I believe, they get an email notification that they have a message.

Edited by TheBucketLister

3 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

@Mikejd1 I think you have a better chance in messaging them through their profile.  They have not been active for 2 months.  Also if they are not following the topic or pay attention to their notifications, they may not ever know to respond to you in this thread.  At least when you send a message, I believe, they get an email notification that they have a message.

Ok thanks!

49 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

EDITED IN:  Disregard the first Para below, you're comment was about $100.00 Per day!  Which I don't find fault with, BTW.  

First, I was not bragging, if that has anything to do with my post above.  There was a question and I answered with a fact, what we do.  YMMV

To answer the OP questions about Alexa, which is probably way outdated now.  We cruised on the Ovation last May, Alaska cruise.  We went through 3 Genies, the first two, the excuse why we lost them was that they hurt their ankle playing Basketball, at separate times, a day apart.  I don't believe that for a minute, but that's for another time, another thread.  I believe it was COVID.  Anyway, to make a long story short, our last Genie was named Alexa, we were told that that was her first cruise as a "full-fledged" Genie and that she was going to be the only Genie for the remaining cruise.  That meant that she was going to take care of 8 Star Class suites.  She was great, didn't miss a beat, and showed up everywhere we were to make sure everything was exceptional.  On the last day, though, she looked beat.  I felt bad for her.  

Edited by Ret MP
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Hi again, ive tried to message people but the site keeps telling me the message feature is disabled??

2 minutes ago, Mikejd1 said:

Hi again, ive tried to message people but the site keeps telling me the message feature is disabled??

Bummer, I just checked after you mentioned that and I get the same thing.  I figured since it was there that it would work, my apologies.

• Like 1