Latitudes -age 18 or 21?

gmkgks

Hi, There was a conversation on here from a couple of years ago saying that age 18 children who have cruised with their parents will get their own status based off of their cruises as a minor. My newly 18 year old son called twice and was told this has been changed to age 21.  I don’t see either age listed on the website.  Can someone else provide additional background or confirmation?  I know sometimes the customer service agents are incorrect and I’ve had better luck getting accurate information from these boards. Thanks. 

Not sure if it changed to 21.  It did change a few years back to the 18 yo had to sail to get status for prior trips.  They also had a grandfather clause they said those who turned 18 would get status without sailing if they had enough prior trips.  That didn't happen and Latitudes desk clueless and not helpful.

I'd suspect they don't know what they are talking about.

FYI, when kid turned 15 iirc you could create an online account for then and see history.

And to add DW who is PP shows no status online.

I have certainly not heard of any change.

The problem may be that, as I understand it, you don’t actually get the points allocated until you have taken your first cruise aged over 18. My guess would be that this is the actual problem, but I could be wrong.

I have seen reports of people being able to get the points added pre cruise. I will certainly be trying to do so when our son hits 18

• Like 1

On the very top of the page for Latitudes Rewards FAQ, it states

"To make it easy for you to receive special loyalty offers, onboard benefits and Norwegian Cruise Line news, we enrol all guests who have cruised with us and who are at least 18 years of age in our Latitudes Rewards programme within 48 hours after you have completed a sailing. "

European link (probably also works elsewhere):

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

We called twice. Both reps said my son needed to be 21.  Neither could explain the passage quoted above expect that is not the policy they have. I want him to be able to do laundry (free) so I want him to have his status. 

12 minutes ago, gmkgks said:

We called twice. Both reps said my son needed to be 21.  Neither could explain the passage quoted above expect that is not the policy they have. I want him to be able to do laundry (free) so I want him to have his status. 

If they couldn’t explain the quoted policy then I see that as further clarification that they are wrong. That was certainly the policy until very recently, so it is easy to explain.

Anyway, I would certainly believe the written statement over the phone staff.

• Like 1

What are the requirements for enroling into Latitudes Rewards?

There are no requirements; you will be automatically enroled into the Latitudes Rewards Programme. You must be over 18 years of age, have completed an eligible sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line. Cruises taken as a minor will be credited to the guest on their first cruise taken after they turn 18 years of age.

This was also in the faqs.