After refaring a cruise purchased in part with FCC and part on CC, how was refund applied?

jat1977

My parents and my family are booked on a February cruise.  The cruise was paid for mostly in FCC from a cancelled cruise, though we did pay the remainder via CC.  I checked the other day and saw that my parents' category of cabin had dropped almost $800 in price.  I was the one who booked the cruise through a travel agent (we've used the agency before though not this agent) so I called to inquire if they could refare their cabin.  He told me he would look into it and get back to me.  Well yesterday he calls and tells me he was able to refare and had already done so.  In the process, the majority of my parents' OBC was forfeited, which they knew was a possibility but they were ok with because they were going to still come out ahead.  The agent also told me that he was unsure whether Princess would refund FCC or my parents' credit card.  I told him I wanted to request a CC refund since that is what my parents were anticipating and they would not want to forfeit most of their OBC in lieu of FCC because it is unlikely they will cruise anytime soon after the February cruise, and I know FCCs have expiration dates.  He told me that it was up to the Princess accounting department, and that now that he had accepted the refare, he could not change it back.  However, he did say that when Princess called him back, he would ask about a refund to CC.  Whenever I have called to ask about a refare before, the agent checks and then calls me back to let me know my options before proceeding further.  That did not happen here, and now I'm concerned that my parents will be in a worse position by taking the refare and ending up with FCCs they likely won't use.  Does anyone know how Princess applies refunds in this situation (i.e., where it was paid for partially in FCCs and partially via CC)?   And after a refare, is it possible to get an old promo back if there was a misunderstanding about a refund?  

24 minutes ago, jat1977 said:

My parents and my family are booked on a February cruise.  The cruise was paid for mostly in FCC from a cancelled cruise, though we did pay the remainder via CC.  I checked the other day and saw that my parents' category of cabin had dropped almost $800 in price.  I was the one who booked the cruise through a travel agent (we've used the agency before though not this agent) so I called to inquire if they could refare their cabin.  He told me he would look into it and get back to me.  Well yesterday he calls and tells me he was able to refare and had already done so.  In the process, the majority of my parents' OBC was forfeited, which they knew was a possibility but they were ok with because they were going to still come out ahead.  The agent also told me that he was unsure whether Princess would refund FCC or my parents' credit card.  I told him I wanted to request a CC refund since that is what my parents were anticipating and they would not want to forfeit most of their OBC in lieu of FCC because it is unlikely they will cruise anytime soon after the February cruise, and I know FCCs have expiration dates.  He told me that it was up to the Princess accounting department, and that now that he had accepted the refare, he could not change it back.  However, he did say that when Princess called him back, he would ask about a refund to CC.  Whenever I have called to ask about a refare before, the agent checks and then calls me back to let me know my options before proceeding further.  That did not happen here, and now I'm concerned that my parents will be in a worse position by taking the refare and ending up with FCCs they likely won't use.  Does anyone know how Princess applies refunds in this situation (i.e., where it was paid for partially in FCCs and partially via CC)?   And after a refare, is it possible to get an old promo back if there was a misunderstanding about a refund?  

Recent changes have been posted on Princess website about what FCC can be used for. 

good luck