Can you join ship a day late if in the same port

mtm103

Hi all. I have asked MSC multimple times, and I am not getting anywhere on email and phone. Due to an emergency, we will be unable to get to Dubai (MSC Virtuosa) until Sunday morning. The ship "sails" on Saturday, but will be in Dubai on Saturday and Sunday, and will leave Dubai on 18>00 on Sunday evening. There is no way we can get there on Saturday. Will they let us on on Sunday? I know this is a question better asked to MSC.. but they are totally unresponsive.. I booked directw ith them

Thank you

13 minutes ago, mtm103 said:

Hi all. I have asked MSC multimple times, and I am not getting anywhere on email and phone. Due to an emergency, we will be unable to get to Dubai (MSC Virtuosa) until Sunday morning. The ship "sails" on Saturday, but will be in Dubai on Saturday and Sunday, and will leave Dubai on 18>00 on Sunday evening. There is no way we can get there on Saturday. Will they let us on on Sunday? I know this is a question better asked to MSC.. but they are totally unresponsive.. I booked directw ith them

Thank you

In pre-covid times, definitely yes......under covid, no idea but cannot see why that would not be allowed! Difficult to see how they could turn you away upon arrival.

Edit: I now see you have B2B cruises....IMHO that strengthens yours case significantly!

Edited by hamrag

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

Do they offer boarding for new passengers on Sunday too? 
If so you may be able to. If not, I highly doubt they would allow it. 
I’ll be interested to hear what they tell you. 

All the Abu Dhabi passengers now need to board in Dubai on Sunday as MSC changed the route. MSC seems to be very unwilling to give any information on the Virtuosa after the third time changing the route.

• Like 1

We were on this cruise recently, boarding on Saturday December 4th and remaining in Dubai overnight. We were able to come and go as we pleased. There was at least 1 person working the check-in desk in the cruise terminal on the Sunday. There was no one in line waiting to board at the moment we passed by.  So my "guess" is that you'll be able to embark on the Sunday. Can't promise that though.

We boarded a day late in a different port. We had been due to embark in Dubai but boarded in Abu Dhabi the following day. As soon as our flights were cancelled (airport closed for 2 days due to snow) we advised MSC and we didn't have an issue doing so. Caveat - this was pre Covid.