Just off the Seashore's 12/11 sailing this morning

Native Floridian 26

46 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Nothing really.

A fort nearby that's so small.

A bunch of dilapidated store fronts that they are working on.

The town is nothing.

Like I said before, lipstick on a pig. Still a pig

Thank you for answering. I was hoping for a better answer.😊 The truth hurts.

Were the issues you were having resolved last Monday? Looking forward to hearing about the resolution. Can't believe it is Monday already.

9 hours ago, travelwide said:

What is there to see when you leave the port?

Sightseeing in the Historical Center including panoramic views of Plaza Independencia (former Central Park), San Felipe Cathedral, and 

colorful Victorian houses

Paseo de Doña Blanca: This is the pink street where you can take some beautiful photos.

Parque Central Puerto Plata: The historical buildings around the park include St. Philip the Apostle Cathedral, the House of Culture,

the City Council, and the Gazebo in the middle of the park. The two-story Victorian gazebo in the middle of the park was built in 1919.

St. Philip Apostle Church was built in 1956.

The Umbrella Street

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Thank you for answering. I was hoping for a better answer.😊 The truth hurts.

Were the issues you were having resolved last Monday? Looking forward to hearing about the resolution. Can't believe it is Monday already.

The issue was not resolved to the point I would have liked.I was given a letter with a flat 30% off any regular cruise in 2022. It can be combined with any promo or offer including Yacht club. 

They also removed the DSC from my sailing last week and will for my next 3 cruises.

After reading Native Floridian post above, I must backtrack my posting slightly. The offerings for shore excursions in the DR, were slim, not to my liking, interest, or activity level.

If that is what you like, and that works for you then by all means enjoy. 

In 10 years it should be a much better place with more excursion opportunities as they evolve. I should not have drawn such a dismal picture considering we were the 1st to ever go there.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

The issue was not resolved to the point I would have liked.I was given a letter with a flat 30% off any regular cruise in 2022. It can be combined with any promo or offer including Yacht club. 

They also removed the DSC from my sailing last week and will for my next 3 cruises.

After reading Native Floridian post above, I must backtrack my posting slightly. The offerings for shore excursions in the DR, were slim, not to my liking, interest, or activity level.

If that is what you like, and that works for you then by all means enjoy. 

In 10 years it should be a much better place with more excursion opportunities as they evolve. I should not have drawn such a dismal picture considering we were the 1st to ever go there.

Not a problem. Everyone has different interests. Our friends love to scuba dive. If that is all a port has to offer then I would not give it a positive review. Not my thing.

Glad you received some   compensation for your problems enabling you to move forward.

On to the next cruise......