Exactly how does the Social Bubble work on board?

comcox

I am trying to understand exactly how the Social Bubble works on board the cruises. 

By nature I am not a hihgly "social" person and am quite happily dining alone.  At dinner time, for medical reasons, I need to eat a small meal as early as possible so I always go the the buffet right when it opens.  I do go the dining room sometimes at lunch or breakfast though.  In the evenings I just retire to my cabin to read or watch a movie so I do not go to the entertainment venues.

How would the Social Bubble apply to my routine?  If you are assigned to a bubble and someone in that group suddenly tests positive, how does that impact the other members of the group?

Don't get too hung up about the "social bubble" as basically, there are no restrictions on who you are with.  But you will find lots of seats that you are not allowed to use so there is some control over social distancing.  Passengers all have to wear electronic wrist bands that inform the medical centre where you are at all times and will know if you have been in contact with someone with Covid.  You will then be summoned for a test.  I agree it's a bit creepy but I can live with it.  

On 12/20/2021 at 10:18 AM, comcox said:

I am trying to understand exactly how the Social Bubble works on board the cruises. 

By nature I am not a hihgly "social" person and am quite happily dining alone.  At dinner time, for medical reasons, I need to eat a small meal as early as possible so I always go the the buffet right when it opens.  I do go the dining room sometimes at lunch or breakfast though.  In the evenings I just retire to my cabin to read or watch a movie so I do not go to the entertainment venues.

How would the Social Bubble apply to my routine?  If you are assigned to a bubble and someone in that group suddenly tests positive, how does that impact the other members of the group?

I have given some more detail on the, (Dining Options on Bolette), thread and there are other posts there which may be of use to you.

Regards a close contact testing positive, my understanding is you will need to quarantine on the ship.  You are best checking with Fred for details though, either by keeping an eye on the faq's on his website or perhaps sending an email to Fred.  Of course everything is changing very quick at present, so it would not necessarily be a good guide of future requirements of course.

If you test positive whilst you are on the ship I think you are usually disembarked at the next port, but of course full covid insurance is now required by all cruise lines, so that would kick in for the financial cover for a quarantine hotel and return home.  Hence it is now even more important that you ensure you have full insurance cover.  Again, best to check personally with Fred's website or by contacting him and I would prefer not to rely on any verbal information, so would send an email.

Edited by tring