New Holiday Sale plus Voyagers Selection Cruise Discounts 5/10/15%?

Native Floridian 26

Ever since the website revamp in mid-November, I haven't been able to view any promotions within the Voyagers Selection cruises.  Are they no longer offering additional promotions on the 5+5/10/15% discount cruises?  Is this one of many website deficiencies and perhaps you can still get promotions if you book by phone?  For example on my recent Seashore cruise of 12/11, it was a voyager selection cruise with 5+15, but I also booked under the Labor Day special and got all benefits from that.

2 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

For example on my recent Seashore cruise of 12/11, it was a voyager selection cruise with 5+15, but I also booked under the Labor Day special and got all benefits from that.

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

MSC has not updated that part of the website ;(

It takes time and practice to navigate the MSC site. Messing around with URLs can get you to places that you probably aren't supposed to see. 😎

For example, on one part of the site, the Voyagers 5%+15% discount is for Caribbean cruises sailing through March 2022. On another page, the Voyagers 5%+15% discount is for Caribbean cruises sailing through December 2024.

Some sales/promos are better than others so it would depend on the numbers if it is better to book with the current sale. In my case, the Labor Day sale was better. In either case, it is sometimes better to get the best price that you can and later apply the extra 15% off. It isn't a cancel/rebook to apply the extra 15% so it doesn't matter if the new price is higher when the 15% dates get extended. If the new price is lower and you're outside of final payment date, cancel/rebook before adding the 15% discount.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2021 at 11:17 AM, Native Floridian 26 said:

Ever since the website revamp in mid-November, I haven't been able to view any promotions within the Voyagers Selection cruises.  Are they no longer offering additional promotions on the 5+5/10/15% discount cruises?  Is this one of many website deficiencies and perhaps you can still get promotions if you book by phone?  For example on my recent Seashore cruise of 12/11, it was a voyager selection cruise with 5+15, but I also booked under the Labor Day special and got all benefits from that.

I am curious about this also. I see a cruise on the Seashore that has the 5%+15% but does not include the Free Drinks.  The current cruise I have booked includes 5%+15% and included free drinks.  If I were to book the cruise with the Free Drinks/Wifi, could I later go back and say that it is 5%+15% and get that discount?

5 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I am curious about this also. I see a cruise on the Seashore that has the 5%+15% but does not include the Free Drinks.  The current cruise I have booked includes 5%+15% and included free drinks.  If I were to book the cruise with the Free Drinks/Wifi, could I later go back and say that it is 5%+15% and get that discount?

I just added the 5%+15% to an existing booking that included the Free Drinks/Wifi from a sale awhile ago.  I'm in Canada, so I emailed Existing Reservations and had the 15% discount added within a day.  You can probably also call them and get them to add it to your existing reservation.

3 minutes ago, smeesme said:

I just added the 5%+15% to an existing booking that included the Free Drinks/Wifi from a sale awhile ago.  I'm in Canada, so I emailed Existing Reservations and had the 15% discount added within a day.  You can probably also call them and get them to add it to your existing reservation.

Yay! Thank you!

7 minutes ago, riredsox said:

Is there a way to find out if a cruise I recently took was a voyager cruise?  It was the Seashore 11/20.  I thought it was.  

I don't know how you would find out if a past cruise was a Voyagers Club cruise since there is no way to book it now and that would be where I would know to look to find it. If you booked it as a Voyagers Club it would be on your paperwork.

• Like 1