Belize Zoo

ShrinkinTexas

the private director tour is fantastic up to 4 people, you get to feed the animals so you see all the cats.  Up close and good insight.  I think it runs about 200 USD and runs for 2 hrs.  Extremely well worth it.

This goes back a ways, April 2016. Our first trip to Belize. We scheduled a trip to the Belize Zoo with Way To Go Tours Belize, we didn't want to go on a Carnival tour because they are usually so crowded. Just the two of us and a very nice young man who knew a lot about Belize. Had a good time touring the zoo, shopping the small gift shop, getting a drink and snack. I have no idea if this company is still in business. They were prompt to answer my emails. Their email address is waytogotoursbelize@gmail.com.

• 2 weeks later...

We also went with King David to the zoo.  Highly recommend him!  You can add on some of the interactions when you are there.  We went into the cage and were able to be with their jaguar. (we were protected by the cage in the enclosure)  Looking back it probably wasn't the safest thing to do...they definitely don't have the same liability laws as we do here in the States.  Something we will never forget!  

He also took us to see the howler monkeys in the jungle.  Another great memory!