Navigator OTS Notes from my Return to Sail

JuliaMS

Not really a review but some things I thought may be helpful on your return to sail. Sailed 12/16 4 night cruise.

Boarding - easy and fast. Was easier to have Covid test printed and setsail pass on phone because we had to show both 3 times. I highlighted name, DOB, Collection date and result on each just to make it a little easier for them at each checkpoint.

Reservations - I read a lot about making reservations for shows as soon as you are onboard. On Navigator this only applied to the Ice show. The only Vax only show was the first day and available slots filled up (still only 1/2  to 3/4 full). 

Ship sailed with 2100. They said the 12/20 sailing expexted 2800 and they would be opening the windjammer for dinner when capacity was 60%.

Windjammer - You have to scan your seapass in and out of Windjammer ( assume for contact tracing). Got crowded at times especially during the sea day breakfast because MDR closed at 9:30am on sea day. Windjammer was the only place I felt uncomfortable on the ship surrounded by unmasked/unvaccinated kids and little social distancing.

Theater - No reservations needed. Deck 3 vaccinated only could take off mask. Deck 4 unvaccinated and everyone must wear mask.

Bars - most were Vaccinated Only even during trivia etc. Could take off mask. Cosmopolitan club had a few trivias and events that had a lot of kids so vax not required, I did not notice if it required vax the rest of the time. 

MDR - deck 3 vaccinated. Phone is helpful because menu is on the app (bars too). Paper available if you ask. 

Smoking Port side - open area deck 4 most of the lenght with chase lounges, small area on deck 11 by Lime and Coconut and small area of deck 12 aft away from most people

In app messaging - is $1.99 PP Per and charged the full cruise no matter when you add it. For some reason we could see my 23 year old daughter's converstaions (in her own cabin) even though we did not have the messaging.They were able to fix it before we saw anything we really didn't want to see.

Parking - was $20 per day so 4 Night cruise was $80

Edited by JuliaMS
  • Like 3

• JuliaMS changed the title to Navigator OTS Notes from my Return to Sail

We were on the sailing previous to this with only about 30% being full. Despite chilly weather,  most pools were open as well as slides. Windjammer was closed for dinner, but MDR was only 30% full so easy to get window seating! Felt safe onboard with protocols.

We were on this sailing as well.  A little over 2,000 passengers.  The concierge told me the next sailing had over 800 kids.  We did see some people walking without masks, but only saw one where an employee asked them to put on the mask.

I did see in the windjammer where a lady put her plates on a table by the window where there was a “not available” sign for social distancing.  An employee came and told her she could not sit there and she thru a fit.  Even picking up the sign and throwing it down.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Getting off the ship, the family in front of us was not allowed off as they had unvaxed kids and they were trying to explain to them they needed to be on a Royal excursion.   They were not happy.  

I heard someone complaining that they "Had no idea" and "Nobody told them".  I was not traveling with kids and got e-mails and notices on the web page. I don't know how people are traveling in a pandemic and not looking to see what the protocols are. 

• Like 1