GETAWAY to ABC changed...

Sand and Seas

No longer ABC.  Now just A (Aruba) and C (Curacao).  

Our January 5th Getaway just lost Bonaire and traded out Nassau for GSC.  (I won't miss Nassau) 

We now have a full day in Aruba😎

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners:

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), we thank you for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice. We have important information regarding Norwegian Getaway's 9-day sailing on January 5, 2022. Travel partners should share the below information with guests who may be affected.

Due to port availability, the abovementioned itinerary has been changed. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. The revised itinerary is outlined below:

Original
Day Destination Arrive Depart  
Wed MIAMI, FL   4:00 pm  
Thu NASSAU, BAHAMAS 6:00 am 12:30 pm  
Fri AT SEA      
Sat ORANJESTAD, ARUBA, NETHERLAND ANTILLES 4:00 pm 11:59 pm  
Sun WILLEMSTAD, CURACAO, NETHERLAND ANTILLES 8:00 am 8:00 pm  
Mon KRALENDIJK, BONAIRE, NETHERLAND ANTILLES 7:00 am 4:00 pm  
Tue AT SEA      
Wed PUERTO PLATA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 7:00 am 4:00 pm  
Thu AT SEA      
Fri MIAMI, FL 7:00 am    
Revised
Day Destination Arrive Depart  
Wed MIAMI, FL   4:00 pm  
Thu AT SEA      
Fri PUERTO PLATA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 7:00 am 7:00 pm  
Sat AT SEA      
Sun WILLEMSTAD, CURACAO, NETHERLAND ANTILLES 8:00 am 8:00 pm  
Mon ORANJESTAD, ARUBA, NETHERLAND ANTILLES 7:00 am 9:00 pm  
Tue AT SEA      
Wed AT SEA      
Thu GREAT STIRRUP CAY, BAHAMAS 8:00 am 6:00 pm  
Fri MIAMI, FL 7:00 am    

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I think itineraries are extremely fluid right now as more and more countries close their borders. Just today, the CDC just added Bonaire to the list of highest risk nations: 

(CNN) — The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention added eight destinations to its highest-risk category for travel on Monday

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cdc-very-high-risk-travel-destinations-december-20/index.html

• Like 1

I looked in the NCL TA website and it looks like they have canceled Bonaire on the 1/5, 1/19, and 2/2 sailings on the Getaway.  I fully expect them to also cancel Bonaire on the January 16th sailing on the Epic as well.  

I am SO frustrated.  My dream cruise (first time in Haven) is withering away to nothing and no option to cancel and get a FCC.

• Priscilla show canceled
  • Masks required
  • Bonaire canceled (one of my favorite ports)

I wonder if they are they keeping Bonaire for the 12/27 sailing?  I haven't seen a notice yet, but won't be surprised if it's cut.  We're supposed to be there on 12/31, so maybe there's a cutoff of 1/1 and we'll still get to go?

I’m sorry to say but I think these long itinerary cruises will continue to see more changes. Especially any Dutch islands, some of which are technically part of the four nations which make up the kingdom of the Netherlands, and may wish to take a cautious approach similar to the mainland netherlands which is under a full one month lockdown. I cancelled the January 5 getaway and it was a disappointing decision but I feel it was the right one right now. Trust me, I would rather be cruising but not when I can see a tsunami coming 

Edited by marktwothousand

4 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

I’m sorry to say but I think these long itinerary cruises will continue to see more changes. Especially any Dutch islands, some of which are technically part of the four nations which make up the kingdom of the Netherlands, and may wish to take a cautious approach similar to the mainland netherlands which is under a full one month lockdown. I cancelled the January 5 getaway and it was a disappointing decision but I feel it was the right one right now. Trust me, I would rather be cruising but not when I can see a tsunami coming 

Wish we had the option to cancel and get a FCC. But nope! 

REALLY hoping NCL reverses course over the next couple weeks to allow us to cancel and get a FCC. 

6 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Wish we had the option to cancel and get a FCC. But nope! 

REALLY hoping NCL reverses course over the next couple weeks to allow us to cancel and get a FCC. 

I keep repeating this, but I do think NCL is going to change their mind; especially if more and more islands close themselves off. Of course, my opinion holds no more merit than the next guy but if I was sailing in the near future my plan would be to wait until the very last possible minute to make a decision. 

42 minutes ago, chuckhendo2 said:

Also on 27th sailing of Getaway. If I could cancel and get a FCC, I likely would. But without that, I'd rather be on the ship even if every port gets cancelled. Sea days aren't so bad...

So you are on the  Getaway 9 day prior to our 9 day?   Please keep us advised of any news you receive.  

Like you, I enjoy Sea Days.   I'm hoping to get to see Million $ Quartet a couple of times too.  We had a great time on our masked Breakaway two weeks ago and it just made us more excited for this upcoming 9 day.   It was so great to be on the ocean again!

It’s not so much that I like sea days, I just like staying on the ship during PORT days. Now, that’s the ultimate 🙂

not sure if a full 9 sea day cruise is really my thing, especially during a pandemic where people really shouldn’t be mixing indoors as much. And the getaway isn’t known as the most exciting of the NCL ships in terms of features… still, if I couldn’t cancel and I was forced to make-do, I would 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

It’s not so much that I like sea days, I just like staying on the ship during PORT days. Now, that’s the ultimate 🙂

not sure if a full 9 sea day cruise is really my thing, especially during a pandemic where people really shouldn’t be mixing indoors as much. And the getaway isn’t known as the most exciting of the NCL ships in terms of features… still, if I couldn’t cancel and I was forced to make-do, I would 

Yup, that's how I'm feeling. I felt pretty damned cocky when I booked this, knowing I'd be freshly boosted and have high resistance to the virus... and then omicron screwed everything up. Still not really worried for myself, as I'm in relatively good health. Fortunate enough to work remotely, so I will be quarantining when I get home regardless 

6 hours ago, chuckhendo2 said:

Also on 27th sailing of Getaway. If I could cancel and get a FCC, I likely would. But without that, I'd rather be on the ship even if every port gets cancelled. Sea days aren't so bad...

We are on this cruise too.  I am with you.  Just ready to get away and relax.