Jolly Pirates question

grangermom

I have read how wonderful the Jolly Pirates excursion is. Now I can't decide which one to book. The one that leaves in the morning is $50 pp. The one that leaves in the afternoon is $30 pp. From what I can tell, the two trips are the same except the afternoon one doesn't offer lunch, and is only 3 hours long. Since we'll have teenagers with us (aka late sleepers), I'm considering the afternoon trip. Then we'd have plenty of time for a leisurely breakfast on the ship, and some time to mosey in Aruba. Any opinions out there? Thanks.

I am looking at the same thing you are. My observations:

The excursions holds 130 people. I think it would be more crowded in the morning as people want to get it done to leave the rest of the day to do their exploring.

Hi Serene,

I have found out more since I posted that question. RCI has reserved both of their boats for the afternoon trip. So that left us with the choice to book through the cruise or go on our own, in the morning. We chose the morning trip, hoping it won't be as crowded.

If you want to go in the afternoon, you can't book on your own. RCI has the ships booked for their excursion, so you would need to book through them, IF you're sailing with them. I can't remember how much they're asking, but you can find out on the RCI website under "shore excursions". If you want to go in the morning, you can book directly through Jolly Pirates. Now this is just how it is on the day I'm there, which is April 4th. I can't speak for other days. I'm sure it would depend on what ships are in port that day. I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, it looks like we might be shipmates. We're on the Adventure of the Seas arriving in Aruba on the 4th; is that your ship as well?

If so, did you see the Jolly Pirates excursion in your Vacation Documents package? I don't see it on the listing I received. I also didn't see it on the RCI web site. Am I missing it somehow? Where did you get your information?

Archived