First time getting a Massage Question

IMKTDQT810

This is more in DH's wheelhouse since he gets at least one every cruise. I have never had one before and I am going to step WAAAYYY out my comfort zone and booked us a 50 min Swedish couple's massage on Carnival Magic in June.

Question for the ladies who have had this service before....what do you wear? I know you wear whatever to the spa since you get changed while there but are you totally down to bare naked and you wrap yourself in a towel? Do you leave on your bottoms? This might seem like a silly question but I REALLY have no clue what to do and what to expect from aby spa service and don't want to embarrass myself!  Thank you!  

You can choose to wear nothing or your bottoms on if you’re more comfortable that way. Depending on the cruise line, you will either be taken to a locker room and given a robe to change into and walk to the therapy room, or straight to a room where you undress and climb under the covers without a robe. In either case, the massage person doesn’t come in until you are under the covers. They will tell you be be face up or face down. Each has their own method. 

Your personal parts will be 100% covered during the entire massage with a sheet and usually a blanket. If they want to massage your leg, they will uncover that and tuck it around your leg to protect your privacy. 

When turning over, they hold the sheet up high on the side for privacy so you aren’t in the open, then lower once you have turned over. 

Fell free to tell them if you need more or less pressure or if you want them to concentrate on a certain area like neck or shoulders. it’s your massage!

If using locker rooms, you will each pass through your gender’s locker room and meet in the massage suite. Enjoy!

Edited by Pudgesmom
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Pudgesmom THANK YOU so much for this information. This is exactly the type of info I was looking for. I booked it on the day we get on the ship (a few hours prior to sail away) because I realized if I booked it any other day later in the week I would have been stressing about it the whole cruise!

Thanks again, I appreciate it! 

• 2 months later...

Most people keep their underwear on and then put on the spa robe provided to get from the change room to the treatment room.  Once in the treatment room you will have a consultation with the massage therapist then they will leave the room.  You hang your robe on the hook, take off your slippers or flip flops and get on the massage table and cover yourself up with the sheet.  Enjoy your massage!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Did you enjoy the massage? Have found that all the therapists are female feels more comfortable. On land usually massage the gluts, restrictions on ship might be stricter. were you ok with level of exposure?