I ordered the two pack test...question

Odd eMed shipping Issue.

I just went to order a 6-Pack from eMed.com and got to the order shipping page and I got back the following:

We are sorry but there are no options available for shipping near the address provided.

Why this is so odd is I live in in a major city suburb ( Fort Worth, Texas), USPS & FEDEX & UPS drive by constantly, AND I have ordered, and had delivered, an eMed 6-Pack to this same address previously.

I have to think it has to do with a major availability influx of orders and/or the Christmas shipping overload. We are not cruising till late January (My current back-up tests expire mid January), but will try again after the Christmas rush.

2 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

Odd eMed shipping Issue.

I just went to order a 6-Pack from eMed.com and got to the order shipping page and I got back the following:

We are sorry but there are no options available for shipping near the address provided.

Why this is so odd is I live in in a major city suburb ( Fort Worth, Texas), USPS & FEDEX & UPS drive by constantly, AND I have ordered, and had delivered, an eMed 6-Pack to this same address previously.

I have to think it has to do with a major availability influx of orders and/or the Christmas shipping overload. We are not cruising till late January (My current back-up tests expire mid January), but will try again after the Christmas rush.

I ordered mine today from Optum. It says they should be here in 2 days….

I ordered my two pack for a 2/2/22 Hawaii cruise. Yesterday it said it had an expiration date of 2/3/22. Later in the day when I ordered, there was no expiration date. Will be here tomorrow. At least I have the option to do it in the hotel two days before we board. 

2 hours ago, wesport said:

Yesterday it said it had an expiration date of 2/3/22. Later in the day when I ordered, there was no expiration date.

I think you are referring to the previous notice on the Web site that stated the expiration dates was "AT LEAST 2/3/22". 

Both Optum & eMed were having issues with the expiration dates getting close from the original batch of manufactured product so both eMed and Optum had put up that notices for the remaining product.  

Since it now appears that both eMed and Optum have received freshly manufactured product the dates are now out in October 2022 time frame.

10 hours ago, RGEDad said:

Odd eMed shipping Issue.

Shipping Issue Resolved

Just Went back into the eMed.com site and tried to re-order - and this time the order went through without issue. 

$150 for the product, $32 to the fine overworked FedEx folks for overnight (no other shipping option) and $12 to the Great State of Texas.

So all set for my next three cruises...

Now if i can just figure out how to get the Omicron beast off my back...

19 hours ago, LindaJ+ said:

How far ahead do you order the tests?  We sail May 1.

19 hours ago, LindaJ+ said:

If you schedule a CVS Covid test on the Thursday or Friday morning of your Sunday cruise, you should get the results back before your airplane flight. I had a CVS test this week and received the results about 24 hrs later. Obviously it would be better to stay at home if you receive a positive result.  If you start looking for a scheduling slot 10-14 days early, a slot will probably be open. In September we ordered a kit from Carnival to arrive at my son's house near Baltimore. It arrived one day after we set sail. We were able to find a convenient last minute solution in Silver Spring, MD.

(I'm not sure what I did to format this response in this way. ouse456) 

Edited by ouse456

2 hours ago, cruisin'mama said:

I just got an email saying that due to high volume, my order delivery will be delayed. I’m glad I ordered early!

I ordered the 3 pack from Optum at 1:20PM EST on Wed, Dec 22 and I got a notice that it shipped today, Thursday, Dec 23 - Fed Ex tracking says I will get it in Indiana on Dec 24.  Don't need it right away but wanted to get if for a January sailing.