Vaccinated Child - Antigen Test Email

Ronaldo807

We are sailing soon and had previously requested and were approved for an exemption for our daughter. She has since been fully vaccinated and we updated her status weeks ago as instructed. We just got an email to register her for an antigen test at the port. Obviously I'm not going to sign her up for a test she is no longer required to take. Has anyone else run into this situation? Did you have any issues at the port or onboard?

Signed up for a recent cruise with our fully vaccinated 10yr old.  Not the exact same as your situation as she never had an exemption.

Checked in at port with the 'normal' vaccinated groups.  Multiple (more than 5!) employees in that section were concerned with whether she was truly fully vaccinated.  After showing proof, they were still concerned with whether she was currently on or had ever been on the exemption list.  Probably trying to account for all kids that needed to be tested.

It's probably worth a phone call to make sure your daughter is fully off that list.  It could cause issues at embarkation and in kids club as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rempo said:

Signed up for a recent cruise with our fully vaccinated 10yr old.  Not the exact same as your situation as she never had an exemption.

Checked in at port with the 'normal' vaccinated groups.  Multiple (more than 5!) employees in that section were concerned with whether she was truly fully vaccinated.  After showing proof, they were still concerned with whether she was currently on or had ever been on the exemption list.  Probably trying to account for all kids that needed to be tested.

It's probably worth a phone call to make sure your daughter is fully off that list.  It could cause issues at embarkation and in kids club as well.

Exactly my concern. I don't want to waste time on this at the port or on the ship. 

On 12/22/2021 at 5:39 PM, Ronaldo807 said:

We are sailing soon and had previously requested and were approved for an exemption for our daughter. She has since been fully vaccinated and we updated her status weeks ago as instructed. We just got an email to register her for an antigen test at the port. Obviously I'm not going to sign her up for a test she is no longer required to take. Has anyone else run into this situation? Did you have any issues at the port or onboard?

We just got off the Sunrise yesterday and had the exact same situation with our 8 year old daughter.  I ignored the email about the antigen testing at the port and had her tested as required with the rest of us at home.  The only issue that arose is that we had to enter a separate line at embarkation for kids under 12 as they were making sure of the dates of her vaccination to get her off the exemption list.  The line seemed longer to do this, though I don’t know if it really was.  Then I also received a notice once on board the first evening to bring her vaccine card to guest services so they could record the dates again and make sure she was fully vaccinated.  After this, we had no issues and she was able to leave the ship in Nassau with no problem.  I hope this helps you!  I had changed her status online to vaccinated just like you did and I don’t think there is anything else you can do ahead of time unless you want to wait on hold for hours to get rid of the exemption status.  Just be prepared to jump through a few extra hoops to prove the vaccination status.  I hope you have a great cruise like we did!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, runnerinn said:

We just got off the Sunrise yesterday and had the exact same situation with our 8 year old daughter.  I ignored the email about the antigen testing at the port and had her tested as required with the rest of us at home.  The only issue that arose is that we had to enter a separate line at embarkation for kids under 12 as they were making sure of the dates of her vaccination to get her off the exemption list.  The line seemed longer to do this, though I don’t know if it really was.  Then I also received a notice once on board the first evening to bring her vaccine card to guest services so they could record the dates again and make sure she was fully vaccinated.  After this, we had no issues and she was able to leave the ship in Nassau with no problem.  I hope this helps you!  I had changed her status online to vaccinated just like you did and I don’t think there is anything else you can do ahead of time unless you want to wait on hold for hours to get rid of the exemption status.  Just be prepared to jump through a few extra hoops to prove the vaccination status.  I hope you have a great cruise like we did!

Thank you. I actually did a chat with Carnival through Facebook Messenger the other day and they removed her exemption.

Was it a separate line for kids with an exemption or was it everyone under 12?

3 hours ago, rempo said:

Port Canaveral - With our 10 yr old (no exemption, fully vaccinated), we were at a separate building entrance to check-in than the families with a kid that needed to get testing.

Thank you, we will be leaving out of Port Canaveral as well 

9 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Thank you. I actually did a chat with Carnival through Facebook Messenger the other day and they removed her exemption.

Was it a separate line for kids with an exemption or was it everyone under 12?

It was a separate line that they made everyone with kids under 12 go into regardless of vaccination or exemption status.  This was in Miami.  Hopefully you won’t encounter this, but it probably only took us 45 min to embark even with this line.  Our arrival time was 11am and I have pictures of us eating at Guy’s Burgers at just after noon 🙂.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow back up. We went through the normal line in Port Canaveral as nobody directed us to go through a different line. During the check in process one of the ladies working at the table went over to another area and confirmed that my daughter was removed from the exemption list. It seems as if we should have been in a separate line, but nobody was directing anyone to do that. Once onboard we went to Camp Ocean and they asked for my daughter's vaccine card and did some things on their end and told us we were all set. When we dropped my daughter off that evening they told us we needed to get her vaccine card and go to guest services, but we informed them we had done everything at Camp Ocean earlier in the day (in addition to confirming her removal from the list at check in) and they said they would handle it. I'm not sure where the disconnect was with Camp Ocean, but we were never asked for anything after that. 

• Like 1

I just got my email yesterday regarding my daughter.  She had an exemption but has recently been fully vaccinated.  I changed her information in her health assessment and she still showing she has an exemption.  I have currently been on hold with CCL for over an hour.  Trying to figure out what to do.   I have her planned to test with the rest of us tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, Lindsay0405 said:

I just got my email yesterday regarding my daughter.  She had an exemption but has recently been fully vaccinated.  I changed her information in her health assessment and she still showing she has an exemption.  I have currently been on hold with CCL for over an hour.  Trying to figure out what to do.   I have her planned to test with the rest of us tomorrow.  

I really wouldn’t stress about it!  Maybe you’ve talked with Carnival at this point, but as Ronaldo and I can testify, it will get cleared up when you embark or are onboard to make sure the exemption is removed from your daughter’s profile.  I totally ignored the emails I received about unvaccinated/exempted persons and we even received letters to our stateroom onboard regarding restrictions for unvaccinated passengers which I also ignored since they no longer applied.  No one gave us any trouble about this at all.  Get your daughter tested tomorrow as planned and have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1